Crise

Compiling ApexDC++

183 posts in this topic

yes i use stlport

stlport svn used? ^^

You need the SVN version of STLPort to compile it on VS 2k8. Or wait until STLPort 5.1.6 or whatever version it gonna be called is released.

And one more question. Whether Be required to me Boost TR1 Libs for compilation ApexDC 1.0.0b5? Where I can download them?
Once you got STLPort sorted, i believe it stops asking for them Libs. But if you want them, google is your friend.

heh, regarding them global includes, shown in piccys, i offered BM a patch so you don't have to muck about with them, just have it in the project files. Offer welcome to apex team as well. :) (And just because it in project files, you don't have to put them there, you can still use global includes :P ).

Same offer included a patch for replacing MakeDefs project with the python script from dc++.

you need a professional edition of visual studio, express edition lacks mfc/atl support.

(but it could be used to compile dc++ when it was using vs ^^, you can always play with 0.699)

and you need at least stlport 5.2.x afaik (which is still only at svn repo)

From the RU forum:

..\client\memcpy_amd.cpp(90) : error C4235: nonstandard extension used : '__asm' keyword not supported on this architecture

Помогите скомпилировать под x64 amd (Vista x64 Studio 2008 TS) компилируется под x86 нормально, под x64 вышеназванная ошибка.

Please help to compile under x64 amd (Vista x64 Studio 2008TS). Compiles normally under x86, under x64 there is the above error.

(I answered that I will ask, but imo the solution will not be easy if possible at all [imro it is not possible :( ])

Nice work, thank you for some notes about stlport. I've managed to compile 1.0.1 with the latest STLport from svn repo.

Before reading this topic i have a strange trouble -- no slider in the main window that allows to resize userlist window while being compiled with the _old_ stlport library (i don't exactly remember what version, but < 5.1.5) and the standard patched WTL from strongdc site.

When upgraded to new stlport and recompiled it, everything is OK, the slider is moving. Decided to notice this, to avoid same mistakes on the final release (due to no same effect achieved at 1.0.0.beta5!).

PS. /me wants to commit some useful things that I've modded in beta5... (chat msg/private frame msg resizing, etc...)...

PS. /me wants to commit some useful things that I've modded in beta5... (chat msg/private frame msg resizing, etc...)...

Feel free to submit your changes as .patch file (other formats are fine too though), because as far as committing goes... I am the only one who is doing that, pretty much.

Feel free to submit your changes as .patch file (other formats are fine too though), because as far as committing goes... I am the only one who is doing that, pretty much.

OK, thank you... :) Let the force of diff be with me...

Hello,

Can someone post ( in 2 attachments - archived files ) the latest STLPort & WTL from the SVN here ? Because some friend downloaded them for me, but I'm not sure if they are full or not, because in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition when I prepared STL & WTL and Build Solution - after that there are 3 errors and nuthin' created (.exe/.pdb):

• ...cannot open file 'stlport_static.lib'
    ...A tool returned an error code from "Building StringDefs.cpp and Example.xml from StringDefs.h..."
    ...A tool returned an error code from "Deleting old pdb file..."

Also I didn't find any install.bat file nowhere. And there are not 8 project -> 6 projects.

Source: ApexDC++ 1.0.1 Source used. Win-XP SP-2.

i wrote an install.bat file long time ago for 4.6.2. gather it just does the same thing. compiles and "installs" stlport for you.

Open a VS command prompt, goto the stlport\build\lib (if i remember correctly) and just run the commands mentioned in a Readme file.

Something along these lines:

configure.bat -c msvc9

nmake /fmsvc.mak

nmake /fmsvc.mak install

Here's the install.bat I use

@echo off
cd build\lib
call "d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"
call configure.bat -c msvc8
nmake /fmsvc.mak clean all
nmake /fmsvc.mak install

If someone is able to compile latest Apex 1.0.1 with patched STL (I am actually interested in having horizontal view option back), I will be grateful to receive the client. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

with patched STL (I am actually interested in having horizontal view option back)
Isn't that horizontal view from the patched WTL ? I sure the only changes to WTL are for that option.

OK, to be precise, I would like to have the functionalities of 1.0.1 + horizontal view, so if smo has compiled already... :thumbsup:

OK, to be precise, I would like to have the functionalities of 1.0.1 + horizontal view, so if smo has compiled already... :thumbsup:

+1 I'm interresting too ... for horizontale view ...

Thanks !

Hey Lee/Crise, any chance of having this topic stickied?

I think it's useful.

for those who had problems finding working STLport and vld:

STLport downloaded from SVN

VLD

Other include files needed

i searched so you dont have to :mellow:

happy compiling

some clever ppl will instal feature pack for vs 2008 and then stlport isnt obligatory :mellow:

But afaik it is enormous in size compared to stlport.

well, yes, tr1 in microsoft edition really sux. comparing to latest svn revision:

exe size: +/- 400KB bigger

mem use: +/- 2MB at startup.

checked with strongdc 2.13 :mellow:

but still, now stlport is an option, recommended but option =)

please, what means this error:

\apexdc\boost\boost/detail/sp_counted_base_w32.hpp(69) : error C2039: 'type_info' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'

edit.: and, please, if the case, where can i find the stlport svn?

thanks in advance.

edit: sorry for this post. All files I got from Alana's fixed my problem. Thanks and sorry again.

Alana, thanx for vld link, tired to goooooogle it :)

Happy compiling!

Heeelllpp Mee! Pls!

------ Build started: Project: MakeDefs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Compiling...

File.cpp

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\stdinc.h(165) : error C2039: 'tr1' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\stdinc.h(165) : error C2871: 'tr1' : a namespace with this name does not exist

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\DCPlusPlus.h(87) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\DCPlusPlus.h(90) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

MakeDefs.cpp

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\stdinc.h(165) : error C2039: 'tr1' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\stdinc.h(165) : error C2871: 'tr1' : a namespace with this name does not exist

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\makedefs\../client/DCPlusPlus.h(87) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\makedefs\../client/DCPlusPlus.h(90) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

memcpy_amd.cpp

SimpleXML.cpp

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\DCPlusPlus.h(87) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\DCPlusPlus.h(90) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type

g:\vabe&x-dc++\apexdc++_1.1.0_source\client\PluginStructure.h(33) : fatal error C1189: #error :  Too old version of STLport is being used, remove this at your own risk.

StdAfx.cpp

StringTokenizer.cpp

Text.cpp

Util.cpp

Build log was saved at "file://g:\Vabe&X-DC++\ApexDC++_1.1.0_source\vc7\Release\MakeDefs\BuildLog.htm"

MakeDefs - 29 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: client, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Building StringDefs.cpp and Example.xml from StringDefs.h...

A megadott nevet (.\vc7\Release\MakeDefs\MakeDefs.exe) a rendszer nem ismeri fel

belső vagy külső parancsként, futtatható programként vagy kötegfájlként.

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building StringDefs.cpp and Example.xml from StringDefs.h..."

Build log was saved at "file://G:\Vabe&X-DC++\ApexDC++_1.1.0_source\vc7\Release\client\BuildLog.htm"

client - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: StrongDC, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Compiling...

stdafx.cpp

Build log was saved at "file://G:\Vabe&X-DC++\ApexDC++_1.1.0_source\vc7\Release\StrongDC\BuildLog.htm"

StrongDC - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 4 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Help what it is necessary to do how at this time let him be good? (starting Van)

i have problem with emoticonsdlg

In file included from win32\EmoticonsDlg.cpp:5:

win32\/EmoticonsDlg.h:2: error: expected template-name before '<' token

win32\/EmoticonsDlg.h:2: error: expected `{' before '<' token

win32\/EmoticonsDlg.h:2: error: expected unqualified-id before '<' token

help me!

i use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

i have problem with emoticonsdlg

In file included from win32\EmoticonsDlg.cpp:5:
win32\/EmoticonsDlg.h:2: error: expected template-name before '<' token
win32\/EmoticonsDlg.h:2: error: expected `{' before '<' token
win32\/EmoticonsDlg.h:2: error: expected unqualified-id before '<' token

help me!

i use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

Express editions won't cut it unfortunately, since ApexDC needs ATL....