Crise

Compiling ApexDC++

183 posts in this topic

afaik crise was running vista, why don't you try to compile it?

Afaik no, but your info, ifmn, might be newer. Anywayz, worth to try compiling it.

Afaik no, but your info, ifmn, might be newer. Anywayz, worth to try compiling it.

Thanks for reply.

Since tehre is not Windows Media Player SDK 11 available, will be correct to instal Windows Media Player SDK 10 on Vista to compile, or there is not a way to compile apex on Vista for now?

I'm asking these things because I'm going to buy Vista soon and I just would like to know if I'll can compile apex with it...

@zlobomir

i aint sure too anyway. but lee has vista for sure :o

Windows SDK for Windows Vista

The latest versions for most Windows Media developer technologies are included in the Windows SDK for Windows Vista. Download and install the Windows SDK to get the Windows Meda Player 11 SDK, the Media Foundation SDK, Windows Portable Devices, the Core Audio APIs, and more.

//from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsmedia/bb190309.aspx

dont see any reason why it shouldn't compile under vista. (as always, me aint sure for anything, nor responsible for anything, especially wasting ur money :) )

While we have made tremendous investments in Windows Vista to ensure backwards compatibility, some of the system enhancements, such as User Account Control, changes to the networking stack, and the new graphics model, make Windows Vista behave differently from previous versions of Windows.

/off

While we have made tremendous investments in Windows Vista to ensure backwards compatibility, some of the system enhancements, such as User Account Control, changes to the networking stack, and the new graphics model, make Windows Vista behave differently from previous versions of Windows.

"We have put some bucks in this OS this time, still, you know us well already and even if we tell you all will be fine, you won't trust us. So yes, as you know, sometimes sh*t happens" even w/o reason. Software is a d*mn complicated stuff. ;)

/off

Thanks so much for replys, guys!

Btw, does anyone know where can I get the netfw.h file for compiling the new beta?

Thanks in advance!

#include <netfw.h> // Windows XP SP2 PSDK

(taken from winutil.cpp)

this might sound dumb, but how do i actually "compile" stlport and wtl ?

i have to do that, right ?

AFAICR U just unpack and include paths.

Hi guys, I have had a lot of problems about compiling apex under Windows Vista.

1-) I downloaded Windows Media Player SDK 11 but I forgot where must I put the file netfw.h. Does anyone remember where must I include this file??? (I remember that is into any folder from Visual Studio installed but I don't remember exactly which folder...)

2-) Also, I've got this error:

2>fatal error C1047: The object or library file 'E:\apex\lib\stlport_static.5.2.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries

2>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

Does anyone know how must I fix this error?

Thanks.

Recompile your STLport :stuart:

Thank you very much!

And what about the netfw.h file, where must I include this file?

Hi all after a year out and away from dc, been talked back in to doing some programing (no names) lol,

Ive come back with a new system aka Vista and visual studio 2005 hmmmm. I here you say well after 4 days working out all the bugs and errors i fianaly compiled apex this morning .

The guide at the start of this post will only help you so far there is a lot more needed under the vista system ,, If there is a call for a vs vista setup guide to compile apex post back here and even with my bad gramma i will set up a guide how to compile apex dc under windows Vista. :crying:

I would appreciate a guide to compiling on Vista. Probably worth creating a new thread for it.

I would appreciate a guide to compiling on Vista. Probably worth creating a new thread for it.

well theres a lot of stuff to add but sure i can come up with a guide and download links to bits needed as there hard to find ,, i just notest where you from not far from me i can come around and set it up for you lol

The Common Man's Guide to compile ApexDC++ In Windows Vista Wrighten by the Common man

--Needed-----------------

-VS / VC++ .NET 2005

-Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Team Suite Service Pack 1 Download

-Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista Download

-Patched WTL Download

-STLport 5.0.1 or newer (don't use betas RC's etc.) Download

-WMP SDK9 Download

-DX SDK feb2007 Download

-vld-10-src

-WinXPSP2Firewall_src

-Apex Source Download?

-StrongDc Source Download

I am going to do this guide Start to Finish

First of all you must download buy VS2005.net

Install this as normaly untill you get prompt that you need to download VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU ,VS80sp1-KB932232-X86-ENU install both of these then vs will work on Vista ok ,

This is where i got stuck Xp you only need STLport and WTL and a few small bits

with vista setting up the enviroment you need to compile is a nighmare so here we go .....

Download WMP SDK9 The Microsoft® Windows Media® Player 9 Series Software Development Kit i was told i only need a few file from this as in all the packs you need but for some reason i could not compile with out the full packs.

Why we downloading you also need DX SDK feb2007 DirectX Software Development Kit these 2 are the bigest of the downloads so best to get these first

Smaller bits to download are vld-10-src & WinXPSP2Firewall_src small but hard to find i may say only a few files from theses are needed

Then there's the STLport and WTL (i am adding links above so you wont have as much trouble i had finding)

Ok then lets start i started with adding stlport first, i created a folder on drive C: called CVS in that folder i made a folder called stlport you unzip stlport in to that folder.

Open the folder up and double click on install and stlport with open a win32 window and start compiling itself.

When this has done create a folder again in CVS folder called WTL unzip WTL there .right thats the 2 bit need on xp let do the vista bit .

Create 4 more folders in CVS called DirectX WMP-SDK SP2-Firewall VLD.

Install DX SDK feb2007 to DirectX Folder WMP SDK9 to WMP-SDK folder

Unzip XPSP2 to SP2-Firewall and also Unzip vld-10-src to VLD folder.

Now with all that done its time to add these as includes to vs2005 .

-----Follow These Steps or it will not work----

OpenUp VS 2005 on the file menu select Tools then options this will open up a options box, on the left hand side of the options box at the bottom tick show all settings.

now you see all the setting's in the option box.

On the left had side select the Projects and solutions .Then in the submenu select VC++ Directories......Right now on your right hand side at the top Show directories.

on the pull down menu select Include files.

you have 5 button above the window click the one with a folder in and start addin the includes

-=as follow=-

C:\CVS\STLPort\stlport

C:\CVS\WTL

C:\CVS\WMP-SDK\include

C:\CVS\SP2-Firewall

C:\CVS\DirectX\Include

C:\CVS\VLD

STLport must be at the top of the list

Also in the pull down menu select Library files

and add the following in order

-=as follow=-

C:\CVS\STLPort\lib

C:\CVS\VLD

On both the parts above make sure your paths are right if you followed the guide with the CVS folder then there be right .

ok now we got vs in vista and its ready to compile

now you can download the apex source unzip it and start , remeber in the apex source add a folder called compiled

hope this help us commom guys out there..... Skynet

The Guide below is the standerd XP install For STLPort and WTL

Preparing STLport

1. Download the patched version of STLport from *coming soon* under Downloads

2. Unzip it into any directory i.e. E:\CVS\StrongDC\ STLport-5.0.1 <--- my dir

(Referenced as STLport dir)

3. Go to VS / VC++ 2005 look at the top menu:

Tools > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ directories

There you select Include Files (from dropdown menu) and you add the STLport header directory which is located in your STLport dir and named stlport.

Them make sure your STLport header directory is on the very top of the Include Files list.

Preparing WTL

1. Download WTL from *coming soon*

(Please note this is a patched WTL)

2. Extract to some folder. In my case E:\CVS\StrongDC

3. Rename folder include to WTL (Optional)

4. Go to VS / VC++ 2005 look at the top menu

Tools > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ directories

There you select Include Files (from dropdown menu) and you add your WTL dir

(in my case: E:\CVS\StrongDC\WTL)

Then click on the up arrow and make sure that the directory goes all the way to the second of the list.

5. Make sure STLport is at the TOP of the Include list of VS / VC++ 2005 & WTL is directly BELOW STLport.

Now you have WTL & STLport prepared !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Get the missing natupnp files from: Here and put them to:

C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilation to .exe & .pbd

1. Go to dir where ApexDC++ source is and find file named StrongDC.sln and double-click it to open

Note: IF YOU HAVE SP2 SDK INSTALLED REMOVE IT FROM VS 2005 Include Files

(This was the thing that failed my compilation numerous of times)

2. Near the toolbars you should see a box with either Debug or Release in it, if it is set to Release leave it as it is otherwise change it to Release

3. right-click the Solution "StrongDC" (8 projects) and choose Build Solution

(after the first compile it's recommended to choose Rebuild Solution)

4. Wait it to Finnish.

5. After it has finished the .exe & .pdb file can be found from the ApexDC++ source dir in Compiled directory.

Edit: This is directly pasted from Word to Rich Text Editor on the forums so bare with the formatting...

--------------------

Trying to compile but :)

I'm using VS8 Pro upgraded to SP1 (errors due to SP1? :) )

It's a little bit late, but anyways:

You need to change line

CPP_TYPENAME AllocatorBase<T>::pointer AlignedAllocator<T>::allocate(
to
CPP_TYPENAME AlignedAllocator<T>::pointer AlignedAllocator<T>::allocate(

in integer.cpp

Hy guys,

Do you need Visual Studio 2008 pro for compiling 1.0.0 beta 5 ?

Actually, Iam using VS 2005 pro version...

Anybody help or confirm ? ...

Thanks

Warwick.

Hy guys,

Do you need Visual Studio 2008 pro for compiling 1.0.0 beta 5 ?

Actually, Iam using VS 2005 pro version...

Anybody help or confirm ? ...

Thanks

Warwick.

I use Visual Studio 2008 Professional to compile ApexDC, yes...

Hi, all! There's a little problem to compile ApexDC 1.0.0b4 under MSVC2008, can anyone help me? I have downloaded latest version of STLPort from SourceForge, but it's configure script does not support VC9 (MSVC 2008) compiler. After I have corrected a script for support VC9, STLPort all the same is not compiled, producing a lot of errors, like this:

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(108) : error C2487: 'collate' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(109) : error C2487: 'ctype' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(110) : error C2487: 'monetary' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(111) : error C2487: 'numeric' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(112) : error C2487: 'time' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(113) : error C2487: 'messages' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface

D:\Temp\STLport-5.1.5\STLport-5.1.5\stlport\stl/_locale.h(118) : error C2487: 'all' : member of dll interface class may not be declared with dll interface
Here some source from _locale.h (the string number 108 is marked):
#if defined (__MVS__) || defined (__OS400__)

struct

#else

class

#endif

_STLP_CLASS_DECLSPEC id {

friend class locale;

friend class _Locale_impl;

public:

size_t _M_index;

static size_t _S_max;

};

typedef int category;

#if defined (_STLP_STATIC_CONST_INIT_BUG)

enum _Category {

#else

static const category

#endif

none	  = 0x000,

collate   = 0x010,  // [b]108[/b]

ctype	 = 0x020,

monetary  = 0x040,

numeric   = 0x100,

time	  = 0x200,

messages  = 0x400,

all	   = collate | ctype | monetary | numeric | time | messages

#if defined (_STLP_STATIC_CONST_INIT_BUG)

}

#endif

How correctly to compile STLPort under MSVC 2008? And one more question. Whether Be required to me Boost TR1 Libs for compilation ApexDC 1.0.0b5? Where I can download them?

Afaik 1.0.0B5 was compiled in MS VS 2008. Surely Crise will be able to help on this soon...

please help me :)

------ Build started: Project: MakeDefs, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
File.cpp
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\stdinc.h(160) : error C2039: 'tr1' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\stdinc.h(160) : error C2871: 'tr1' : a namespace with this name does not exist
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\dcplusplus.h(85) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\dcplusplus.h(88) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
MakeDefs.cpp
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\stdinc.h(160) : error C2039: 'tr1' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\stdinc.h(160) : error C2871: 'tr1' : a namespace with this name does not exist
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\dcplusplus.h(85) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\dcplusplus.h(88) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
memcpy_amd.cpp
SimpleXML.cpp
f:\źródła visual\trunk\client\user.h(156) : error C3083: 'tr1': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
StdAfx.cpp
StringTokenizer.cpp
Text.cpp
Util.cpp
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://f:\źródła visual\trunk\vc7\Debug\MakeDefs\BuildLog.htm"
MakeDefs - 29 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
compress.c
crc32.c
deflate.c
inffast.c
inflate.c
inftrees.c
trees.c
uncompr.c
zutil.c
adler32.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://F:\źródła visual\trunk\vc7\Debug\zlib\BuildLog.htm"
zlib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: bzip2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
bzlib.c
compress.c
crctable.c
decompress.c
huffman.c
randtable.c
blocksort.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://F:\źródła visual\trunk\vc7\Debug\bzip2\BuildLog.htm"
bzip2 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: Regex, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
get.c
pcre.c
study.c
chartables.c
Generating Code...
Creating library...
chartables.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
Build log was saved at "file://F:\źródła visual\trunk\vc7\Debug\Regex\BuildLog.htm"
Regex - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: client, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
stdinc.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://F:\źródła visual\trunk\vc7\Debug\client\BuildLog.htm"
client - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: StrongDC, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
stdafx.cpp
f:\źródła visual\trunk\windows\stdafx.h(44) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlbase.h': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://F:\źródła visual\trunk\vc7\Debug\StrongDC\BuildLog.htm"
StrongDC - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========