Crise

Compiling ApexDC++

183 posts in this topic

Although I've already downloaded the files, ifmn, thanks for the post! from all others who haven't :)

So far I have only 1 error. "ddraw.h" missing. But after installing Dx9SDK and adding "include", "lib" dirs to "VC++ Directories" I have this

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(222) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(222) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

as a result... These errors haven't appeared before Dx9SDK installing as I remember

Sorry for annoying posts... but can you people help me once again? :)

Hi, i tried the link to download natupnp.zip and i get this:

"IPB WARNING [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)"

Is there any other link to get this file, other then downloading the huge windows sdk just for this?

Thanks

Uploaded it here - http://www.pirateshare.net/?id=1705077 :unsure:

Edit:

@Obelisk - Why have you pasted the directories there ? Just include C:\Program Files\WMSDK\WMPSDK10\include or whatever in you include directories in VC++ :blink:.

BTW, have you overwrited some files ?

Edited by ifmn

Hi all.

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Please dudes, now I have these questions:

1) I did the same from the both above tutorials but I'm still getting this first error message: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'stlport_static.5.2.lib' What I'm doing wrong?

2) Is it necessary to install PSDK and Python to compile ApexDC?

Hi

1 - I am not an expert, but try following only the second guide, make sure you download the right STL, extract it, install it and have the right directories included in VC++.

2 - No.

Actually why users write support posts in the guide section? IMO it is better to lock the guides, and send all updates, if any, via PM to Staff.

It can be an example for common errors and solutions for such to new users so IMHO this place is good...

Hi

1 - I am not an expert, but try following only the second guide, make sure you download the right STL, extract it, install it and have the right directories included in VC++.

Thanks for reply!

But I did in the exact way from the second tutorial... :) When I double click in the stl.exe (or something like that), the prompt DOS opens and closes very fast, is this normal? Btw, how must I compile stlport?? :(

The tutorial is not difficult, but after 1,000 times compiling and getting errors, I decided to enter here, I thank very much any answer.

// Leon

It shouldn't blink fast, it must extract itself.So do all the steps again, do not rename anything, run install.bat and wait for it to finish.In the end, the whole STL folder must be 50MB+ at least.

It shouldn't blink fast, it must extract itself.So do all the steps again, do not rename anything, run install.bat and wait for it to finish.In the end, the whole STL folder must be 50MB+ at least.

Thanks again!

Ops... I really did all steps again and the "install.bat" runs very fast and nothing happens... it shows a window and then - in a second - it closes the window... Do you have any idea why?

Can anyone help me, please? :stuart:

The second tutorial is very clear, but I really don't know why can't I compile stlport... :)

Thanks a lot, anyway.

Please make sure you have included stlport/lib in library files and not in include files.

IMHO he is in the beginning, running the install.bat. If you have changed anything in your VS dirs, open the install.bat (RMB>Edit) for editing, see the path required, and change this path acc. to your setup. F. ex. I had no enough place on my C: drive.

@Obelisk - Why have you pasted the directories there ? Just include C:\Program Files\WMSDK\WMPSDK10\include or whatever in you include directories in VC++ :).

I did include all the directories! :)

The problem was with the right order of the included dirs. When I moved wmp sdk and dx sdk dirs to the bottom of the lists, all errors disappeared :)

I mean YEAH! I built it! at last... ;)

Thanks for your help! If not this topic who knows how much time I would spend building it :)

I did include all the directories! :)

The problem was with the right order of the included dirs. When I moved wmp sdk and dx sdk dirs to the bottom of the lists, all errors disappeared :)

I mean YEAH! I built it! at last... :D

Thanks for your help! If not this topic who knows how much time I would spend building it :)

Please, where can I get WMP SDK and DX SDK?

They don't have the necessary stuff. (Why ? Because M$ wants $ ...)

They don't have the necessary stuff. (Why ? Because M$ wants $ ...)

/Off ...you know, it's RUDE but TRUE... RUDE but TRUE! ...dude...

[18.04.2007 12:14:20] * &![Lion]ZloboMiR & my player v. 5.33 * = playing: *Metallica* - "Metallica '91" - 02 "Sad But True" § 2%#00:09/05:25#[|---------]@128kbps#44kHz#stereo# \m/ /Off

rude is fine by me, i never get m$ monny :unsure:

just get it using shady ways

I've tried all the links for STLPort and WTL but they are all broken...

Can anyone please publish good links ?

In fact, I don't see why not putting STLPort and WTL with the rest of ApexDC++ source, since anyone downloading ApexDC++ source would probably want to compile ApexDC++, and for that he/she will need those packeges... Also, If someone would want to compile an old version of ApexDC++ (for some unknown reason), It would be difficult for him/her to know which version of STLPort and WTL to use - I could not find documentation about the mapping connecting ApexDC++ versions to STLPort and WTL versions.

Same goes for some header files one needs to "collect" before compiling (e.g. natupnp.h).

You can compile 'old' apex versions with the 'newest' stl and wtl. Here are your stl and wtl: (I think these are the right one)

STLPort.rar

wtl8_mod.rar

IMO there's no need to unnecessary increase the src file size.

Is this possible to compile apex in windows vista? does anyone know if there is a specific Windows Media Player SDK that runs in vista? :rolleyes:

many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Is this possible to compile apex in windows vista? does anyone know if there is a specific Windows Media Player SDK that runs in vista? B)

many thanks in advance :shifty:

Well, I just would like to know if it's possible to compile apex with Windows Vista and which extra files would be necessary to do that, but, ok, thanks anyway.