Crise

Compiling ApexDC++

183 posts in this topic

I acknowledge that my guide needs updating :) i'll sort it later this weekend... in the mean time why not you guys do some guides too

BUMP - your link is giving a 404 again and im now not sure if the one i posted is correct

1.I wanna thank Crise for helping me compiling Apex.

2.I want also to thank all the devs, betas, subscribers and other users who helped build/improve Apex.

So i wanna spare Crise some time by doing this updated guide:

How to compile ApexDC++

--Needed-----------------

-VS / VC++ .NET 2005 (anything else except express edition is fine)

-Patched WTL

-STLport 5.0.1 or newer (don't use betas RC's etc.)

-missing natupnp files

This tutorial assumes that you already have ApexDC++ source in some dir on your computer and that You have installed Visual Studio / Visual C++ into it's default directory, also in different editions of Visual Studio / Visual C++ 2005 the paths to certain files or folders may be different. So ALWAYS check your paths, as the paths used in this guide are just examples. (they were the paths that I used for my Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition)

Preparing STLport

1. Download the patched version of STLport from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/strongdc/ and save it to apex source dir ( 'in my case - 'D:\cvs\StrongDC\' )

2. Right click at the .rar archive and select 'Extract to STLPort\'.

(Referenced as STLport dir)(its recommended not to rename anything after the extraction from .rar)

3. Run the 'install.bat' ( which can be found in the STLPort dir ) file and wait for it to finish.

4. Go to VS / VC++ 2005 look at the top menu:

Tools > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ directories

There you select Include Files (from dropdown menu) and you add the STLport header directory which is located in your STLport dir and named 'stlport'.( in my case - 'D:\cvs\StrongDC\STLPort\stlport')

Then make sure your STLport header directory is on the very top of the 'Include Files' list.

You also need to include the 'STLport\lib' dir into the 'Library files' ( in my case - 'D:\cvs\StrongDC\STLPort\lib').

Move it to the top of the list.

Preparing WTL

1. Download WTL from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/strongdc/

(Please note this is a patched WTL) and save it to apex source dir ( in my case - 'D:\cvs\StrongDC\' )

2. Right click at the .rar archive and select 'Extract Here'.

3. Rename folder include to 'WTL' (Optional)

4. Go to VS / VC++ 2005 look at the top menu

Tools > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ directories

There you select 'Include Files' (from dropdown menu) and you add your WTL dir

(in my case: 'D:\cvs\StrongDC\WTL')

Then click on the up arrow and make sure that the directory goes all the way to the second of the list.

5. Make sure STLport is at the TOP of the Include list of VS / VC++ 2005 & WTL is directly BELOW STLport.

Now you have WTL & STLport prepared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Get the missing natupnp files from: Here and put them to:

C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\

Compilation to .exe & .pbd :

1. Go to the dir where ApexDC++ source is and find file named 'StrongDC.sln' and double-click it to open.

Note: IF YOU HAVE SP2 SDK INSTALLED REMOVE IT FROM VS 2005 Include Files

(This was the thing that failed my compilation numerous of times)

2. Near the toolbars you should see a box with either 'Debug' or 'Release' in it, if it is set to 'Release' leave it as it is otherwise change it to 'Release'

3. Right-click the 'Solution "StrongDC" (8 projects)' and choose 'Build Solution'

(after the first compile it's recommended to choose 'Rebuild Solution')

4. Wait it to Finnish.

5. After it has finished the .exe & .pdb file can be found from the ApexDC++ source dir in 'compiled' directory.

Please report for errors (language and topic related) and for broken links.

NOTE:Im not responsible for any damage done to your PC following this guide

thanks for giving something back ifmn and that is the guides and the help on the forums ;)

I try instruction and compile in XP SP2- it works :P .But I want compile for x64 OP ( Vista) native 64 exe and when I try to do so -receve error while creating exe ( like t_32_timer- error using....)

I setup in VS2005 all dir. way to stlport,lib,wtl- only for 64 exe...

( VS2005 failed to optimize to 64 bit code)

What I must to change in sorce code for apexdc to compile for x64?

post build log here, i'm just curious what kind of errors prevails

post build log here, i'm just curious what kind of errors prevails

ok( look in at.)

------ Build started: Project: taocrypt, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

md4.cpp

template_instnt.cpp

Compiling...

aes.cpp

aestables.cpp

algebra.cpp

.\src\algebra.cpp(291) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

arc4.cpp

asn.cpp

.\src\asn.cpp(222) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

bftables.cpp

blowfish.cpp

coding.cpp

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(81) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'TaoCrypt::word32', possible loss of data

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(118) : see reference to function template instantiation 'unsigned char *TaoCrypt::StdReallocate<T,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>>(A &,T *,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,bool)' being compiled

with

[

T=TaoCrypt::byte,

A=TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<TaoCrypt::byte>

]

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(117) : while compiling class template member function 'unsigned char *TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::reallocate(T *,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,bool)'

with

[

T=TaoCrypt::byte

]

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(195) : see reference to class template instantiation 'TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>' being compiled

with

[

]

include\coding.hpp(42) : see reference to class template instantiation 'TaoCrypt::Block<T>' being compiled

with

[

]

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(81) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'TaoCrypt::word32', possible loss of data

des.cpp

dh.cpp

dsa.cpp

file.cpp

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(118) : see reference to function template instantiation 'unsigned char *TaoCrypt::StdReallocate<T,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>>(A &,T *,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,bool)' being compiled

with

[

]

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(117) : while compiling class template member function 'unsigned char *TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::reallocate(T *,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>::size_type,bool)'

with

[

]

d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\include\block.hpp(195) : see reference to class template instantiation 'TaoCrypt::AllocatorWithCleanup<T>' being compiled

with

[

]

include\file.hpp(42) : see reference to class template instantiation 'TaoCrypt::Block<T>' being compiled

with

[

]

hash.cpp

integer.cpp

md2.cpp

with

[

]

with

[

]

with

[

]

include\md2.hpp(55) : see reference to class template instantiation 'TaoCrypt::Block<T>' being compiled

with

[

]

md5.cpp

misc.cpp

random.cpp

ripemd.cpp

rsa.cpp

Compiling...

sha.cpp

tftables.cpp

twofish.cpp

Creating library...

Build log was saved at "file://d:\apex\yassl\taocrypt\x64\Release\BuildLog.htm"

taocrypt - 0 error(s), 8 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: MakeDefs, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

File.cpp

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\crtdefs.h(493) : fatal error C1189: #error : You cannot use 32-bit time_t (_USE_32BIT_TIME_T) with _WIN64

MakeDefs.cpp

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\crtdefs.h(493) : fatal error C1189: #error : You cannot use 32-bit time_t (_USE_32BIT_TIME_T) with _WIN64

memcpy_amd.cpp

SimpleXML.cpp

StdAfx.cpp

StringTokenizer.cpp

Text.cpp

Util.cpp

Build log was saved at "file://d:\apex\MakeDefs\x64\Release\BuildLog.htm"

MakeDefs - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: yassl, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

template_instnt.cpp

yassl.cpp

Compiling...

buffer.cpp

.\src\buffer.cpp(116) : warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from '__int64' to 'yaSSL::uint', possible loss of data

.\src\buffer.cpp(233) : warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from '__int64' to 'yaSSL::uint', possible loss of data

cert_wrapper.cpp

.\src\cert_wrapper.cpp(246) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\cert_wrapper.cpp(279) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\cert_wrapper.cpp(280) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\cert_wrapper.cpp(281) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\cert_wrapper.cpp(282) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

with

[

]

with

[

]

with

[

]

taocrypt\include\file.hpp(42) : see reference to class template instantiation 'TaoCrypt::Block<T>' being compiled

with

[

]

crypto_wrapper.cpp

handshake.cpp

lock.cpp

log.cpp

socket_wrapper.cpp

ssl.cpp

.\src\ssl.cpp(496) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

timer.cpp

yassl_error.cpp

yassl_imp.cpp

.\src\yassl_imp.cpp(534) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

yassl_int.cpp

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(1007) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'yaSSL::uint', possible loss of data

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(1035) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'yaSSL::uint', possible loss of data

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(1069) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'yaSSL::uint', possible loss of data

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(1805) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(1807) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(2248) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

.\src\yassl_int.cpp(2251) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data

Creating library...

Build log was saved at "file://d:\apex\yassl\x64\Release\BuildLog.htm"

yassl - 0 error(s), 18 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

adler32.c

compress.c

crc32.c

deflate.c

inffast.c

inflate.c

inftrees.c

trees.c

uncompr.c

zutil.c

Creating library...

Build log was saved at "file://d:\apex\x64\Release\BuildLog.htm"

zlib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: bzip2, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

blocksort.c

bzlib.c

crctable.c

decompress.c

huffman.c

randtable.c

Creating library...

bzip2 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: Regex, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

chartables.c

get.c

pcre.c

study.c

Creating library...

Regex - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: client, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

stdinc.cpp

client - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: StrongDC, Configuration: Release x64 ------

Compiling...

stdafx.cpp

StrongDC - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 5 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

post-3838-1166809469_thumb.jpg

BuildLog.rar

post-3838-1166809532_thumb.jpg

Hy

Thanks for this fabulous DC client :stuart: (All of programmers and testers... )

When i am Compiling Apex 0.4.0 this error occured during compil:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\strmif.h(21826) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ddraw.h': No such file or directory

DirectX SDK must be installed for that ?...

My config:

VS 2005 pro

Apex 0.3.0 compiling OK

Thanks for help :)

Warwick :)

Yep, you need it ddraw.h from it...

I wonder why Compile.txt does not mention DirectX SDK?

Also I had "wmp.h" file missing - I installed Windows Media Player SDK 9 to fix this. This SDK is also not mentioned in the Compile.txt file :blink:

3. Right-click the 'Solution "StrongDC" (8 projects)' and choose 'Build Solution'

8 projects? When i open StrongDC.sln in VS2005 there i have only 6 projets (bzip2,client,MakeDefs,pme,StrongDC and zlib).

Which 2 are missing? I do everything what is in guide but i can't compile, becase i have over 1000 errors. :whistling:

well some parts of the guide have not been updated in a long time (read: Someone is too lazy to do it :whistling:)

In regards to the errors sure you followed the later version posted by ifmn...

Yes i do everything like in ifmn guide. I have StrongDC source files in E:\CVS\StrongDC\Source

STLPort in E:\CVS\StrongDC\Source\STLPort (and installed with install.bat)

WTL in E:\CVS\StrongDC\Source\WTL

I included E:\CVS\StrongDC\Source\STLPort\stlport + \lib directories and E:\CVS\StrongDC\Source\WTL directory in VC++ directories settings in VS.

I put upnp files in VC include directory.

And this is what i've got:

Compiling...

MakeDefs.cpp

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\dcplusplus.h(36) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated

e:\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(339) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf'

Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before '*'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'u_int8_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(98) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(107) : error C2065: 'u_int8_t' : undeclared identifier

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(107) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'c'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(107) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(107) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(107) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ']' before identifier 'c'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(109) : error C2065: 'u_int16_t' : undeclared identifier

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\text.h(109) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ']' before identifier 'c'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(248) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'getUptime'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(248) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(248) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(250) : warning C4183: 'getUptime': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(296) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'u_int16_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(366) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'int64_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(368) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'int64_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(370) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'int64_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(391) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'toInt64'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(391) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(391) : error C2086: 'int Util::int64_t' : redefinition

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(248) : see declaration of 'Util::int64_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(391) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(397) : warning C4183: 'toInt64': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(402) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'toUInt32'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(402) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(402) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(404) : warning C4183: 'toUInt32': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(405) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'toUInt32'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(405) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(405) : error C2086: 'int Util::u_int32_t' : redefinition

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(402) : see declaration of 'Util::u_int32_t'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(405) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(407) : warning C4183: 'toUInt32': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'

e:\cvs\strongdc\source\client\util.h(551) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'getDirSize'

...etc

As you can see, many of them are syntax errors.

Yes.

And using patched wtl and stlport (stlport must be compiled), as well as have wmp.h and ddraw.h?

and installed with install.bat

update stlport, cause probably u use stlport with installer by pothead, and this stlport is too old for apex :whistling:

Yes i do everything like in ifmn guide. I have StrongDC source files in E:\CVS\StrongDC\Source

If you wish to compile ApexDC, the ApexDC source code is needed (not StrongDC). You can take it in "download" section on this site.

If you wish to compile ApexDC, the ApexDC source code is needed (not StrongDC). You can take it in "download" section on this site.

Yes that's right. I'm so stupid. I downloaded source from berlios ftp automatically with WTL and STLPort and I didn't realise that it's not ApexDC source but StrongDC.

2 Crisis: thank you for your help. I think i misleaded you. I apologize, my mistake. :)

Now it looks like i have only 2 errors and 3 warnings after build (failed) so i try to find, what's wrong. Bye now.

Trying to compile but :o

error C2244: 'TaoCrypt::AlignedAllocator<T>::allocate' : unable to match function definition to an existing declaration D:\src\yassl\taocrypt\src\integer.cpp 122

warning C4512: 'WTL::CPrintDialogImpl<T>' : assignment operator could not be generated D:\WTL\atldlgs.h 1376

warning C4512: 'WTL::CPrintDialog' : assignment operator could not be generated D:\WTL\atldlgs.h 1389

warning C4505: 'WTL::_AtlCreateDC' : unreferenced local function has been removed D:\WTL\atldlgs.h 1156

fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.\vc7\release\taocrypt\taocrypt.lib' StrongDC

I'm using VS8 Pro upgraded to SP1 (errors due to SP1? :) )

Get the missing natupnp files from: Here and put them to:

C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\

The link doesn't work :)

the server is just down for now, the same files are available from Microsoft though (don't ask where exactly, since I don't remember)

the server is just down for now, the same files are available from Microsoft though (don't ask where exactly, since I don't remember)

Not good. I'd better wait for the server to be up. I don't like the idea of searching for something on Microsoft's site :)

Anyway thank you for the reply!