Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rat2000

I have a problem

25 posts in this topic

In my country, this kind of client is not legal. If i use this i can be arested for pirateing.

i think u should make a client with no hubs, u know u open program u online, and do not put the user in list because it is veri easy to see his ip.

What do u say will u build one?????

Think I can guess the consensus of replies to this topic.

Sure, but this is the wrong place. Your request most likely exists in a thousand places, or is in development elsewhere, but here is not the place.

This has been and for the forseeable future will be a purely Direct Connect client, making what you requested would divert from this.

Sorry :)

In my country, this kind of client is not legal. If i use this i can be arested for pirateing.

i think u should make a client with no hubs, u know u open program u online, and do not put the user in list because it is veri easy to see his ip.

What do u say will u build one?????

But, it is not right not to be legal. :D How the things are in country X? Well, the cops arrested 3 (three) men for torrents. Their common upload was about 100TB. In the next days, the admin of the uploader's site published info in Internet, proving undoubtedly that the state ministries (incl. Ministry of Internal Affairs - police) and state institutions and organisations have made far over 1000TB for only a month or so. Next, our internet society reacted. Finally, the mob probably also "helped", since the mob seems to control ISP's, so the mob doesn't like when the users don't generate traffic/do not pay much. Now the only difference is that there are less (or, rather hidden) FTPs. So, fight for your right to party. :D

Disclaimer: The above info is only a resume example of the things. The author does not take any responsibility, any coincidence with actual events or places is casual and/or involuntary!

Edited by Zlobomir

I don't realy think i understand what Zlobomir mant to say, but wouldn't be more simple for everybody to have just 1 hub??And not to see the members, but u can still talk and make private mesages?? I don't now what is u opinion but i think it would be better, and not to show u ip.

What you are requesting, Rat2000, is quite impossible.

"And not to see the members, but u can still talk and make private mesages" <- that's like two deaf and blind people trying to talk to each other.

"In my country, this kind of client is not legal. If i use this i can be arested for pirateing." <- from what country are you exactly ? Judjing by your mistakes in English, and judging by that "Linkmania Member" in your signature, I'd say you are a Romanian. If that is true, let me inform you that ApexDC++ is NOT illegal in Romania. If not, just ignore the line.

"i think it would be better, and not to show u ip." <- it matters less. In order to establish a successful TCP connection, the other party MUST have your IP address, so it knows where to send responses. So even if it doesn't show the IP address directly, you can still find out which one it is. Also, it's open-source software, so you can modify it to show, and the others won't realize it's a different client.

What Zlobomir wanted to say is summarized in the last phrase: fight for your right to party. But that is unnecessary: until now, France seems to be the only public enemy towards P2PFSS.

I'm not too sure what you want, but if it included the masking (hiding) of IPs it won;t happen.... limits of the internet/DC protocol. :ermm:

Well, in order to help, if Rat2000 is too upset to use DC++, he maybe wants smth like AntsP2P, Shinkuro or Gnunet? They can be found with Google. But I doubt about the content and variety on these young networks. To finish the story - the three men were released after day or two, although they probably lost the PCs. But notice: torrents. Nobody chased DC++ in here still.

@Rigor O'Mortis - Yes, Romania, it's easier to guess from the From: ;) .

Edited by Zlobomir

Well, in order to help, if Rat2000 is too upset to use DC++

I am not upset on dc++,i like it, but i don't want to get in truble for it. I didn't whanted to disturb any one whith my post, i just whanted a safty precaution.

You failed to answer my question.

Anyway: It's not the actual client that's illegal, it's sharing copyrighted material that's illegal.

Do like me: share hundreds of gigabytes of free-to-distribute stuff... If you're short on ideas: a few hundred thousand copies of ApexDC++ :)

I am not upset on dc++,i like it, but i don't want to get in truble for it. I didn't whanted to disturb any one whith my post, i just whanted a safty precaution.

Uploading/downloading copyrighted materials without permission is illegal. To help against being prosecuted there are small things you can do like enable the option to send garbage on upload/download. However, there is no safe option.... sticking to private hubs would help, but the only way to truely be safe is to not upload/download illegal/copyrighted material. However, I would not say the risk of being caught if you are sharing copyrighted material is high.

Uploading/downloading copyrighted materials without permission is illegal. To help against being prosecuted there are small things you can do like enable the option to send garbage on upload/download. However, there is no safe option.... sticking to private hubs would help, but the only way to truely be safe is to not upload/download illegal/copyrighted material. However, I would not say the risk of being caught if you are sharing copyrighted material is high.

...And the risk increases if the number of sharers decreases, so...

Rat2000,were are neighbores,in Bulgaria there is a similar law,but its aplayed only in "heavy" cases were houndres and thousend of terabytes of pirated material is transfered by a person.Any way our goverment passed a law,that if you download copys of copyrighed materials,and only you use it - its not considered a crime (this is quite smar,as most people (70%) dont realize that they are doing something illigal using p2p or server/client programs to download music and movies).

Rat2000,were are neighbores,in Bulgaria there is a similar law,but its aplayed only in "heavy" cases were houndres and thousend of terabytes of pirated material is transfered by a person.Any way our goverment passed a law,that if you download copys of copyrighed materials,and only you use it - its not considered a crime (this is quite smar,as most people (70%) dont realize that they are doing something illigal using p2p or server/client programs to download music and movies).

Yes, but it requires some uploaders in order to have downloaders. The "law" was applied only in three cases mentioned above, and it was suspected to be nasty trick between ISPs. All the three users were clients of HomeLAN and uploaded in a competition tracker, Arena.bg. And some traitor must have given the tracker's logs to the cops. Even if Arena was forced to do that, they could give ~15-30 min or even more for preliminary warning to the users. :)

it was a money stealing trick from a crooked prosecutor (Zlobomir,you can read the full "article" on the arenabg.com forum),but never the less,it was NOT an act of the administration...so dont be afraid,our countrys have way bigger fish to fry :D

Agreed, have read the article, BUT how they knew the IPs, the addresses and the traffic kind and amount?

P. S. Big fish always sails away...

Edited by Zlobomir

lol,China is no option,you'll get eaten there eather by "the poeples army" or as a delicacy to some locals :) :) (no hard feeling china guys ;) )

you're seccond guess is better thou...a shame there massive file servers are closed to private ISP MANs ;)

...And the risk increases if the number of sharers decreases, so...

Nah, it increases the chance of it being you over another random sharer. Yet, it decreases the chance of the authorities being interested in the first place.

3dfx

The problem is that not everywhere we have cheap or/and unlimited internet access. But in case of internal ISP network or home nets (which is very popular in big cities) - file sharing is totally free :D. For us such solution would sounds like "Move to Moscow" :P))

I think in mexic this rulles don't apply. Am i wright??>

Which rules namely?

Edited by Zlobomir

Not sure if this will help but one of our projects (not apex related) is to create a "Chat only" HTTP client, there are a few that work. but not well.. of course, this means you cant download, but it also protects you from said gov officials too.. and allows you to chat with your friends virtually anywhere.. if this is inappropriate to conversation plz ignore it..

But why, mIRC is already available...

But why, mIRC is already available...

Well, but you don't find the same community on irc, and i personally think DC rules over IRC any time...

Ah, DC++, but HTTP-based, I see...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0