Inkorp

Users Local Time

7 posts in this topic

How about a new column in the nick-list with the users local time?

I had another idea but I forgot, I'll update when I remember

Why?

You can't know that, well you could get it from an homepage or program it in it the program and compare to the GeoIP thingy. But I don't understand why it would be nesseccary.

there is no need for that, how could that help users or ops?

So then people know when to contact them. This option could be user submitted or cleverly worked into the GeoIP.

User submitted would be stupid tho :S . Since then almost non user would send it. Only ApexDC++ users. You only need to compare Countries with it's time tho. Like if(country == "Norway") { getlocaltime() + 1; } or something like that, not an good example tho.

User submitted would be stupid tho :S . Since then almost non user would send it. Only ApexDC++ users. You only need to compare Countries with it's time tho. Like if(country == "Norway") { getlocaltime() + 1; } or something like that, not an good example tho.

The option is good and should be user submitted (so what if you can only see it for other Apex users), BUT it would need to be disabled when emulating otherwise this would easily set out ApexDC from other clients and make emulation very easy to detect.

I also like the option, and agree with Greg. If we can make also some statistics for how long or in what hour interval the client has been active yesterday or most often in the last X days... So the leecher will know exactly when its source will shut down, so he could estimate whether he could get a file for the time needed. It is not very likely that the file will be unique, but still... And if we accept that option as sending of personal data, user should be able to switch it off.