Crise

ApexDC++ Official Support Hub - Discussion

85 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll give it a try.

I can't connect to the ApexDC++ hub for some reason. I can connect to other hubs.

[19:09:42] *** Connecting to techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411...

[19:09:43] *** Connected

[19:09:44] <•MasterControlProgramV2.1•> YnHub version: 1.033 produced by Yoshi and Nev.

[19:09:44] *** Connection closed

I have some problems I'd like to get help with, and figured it would be easiest to do it in a chat, hence my problem.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll give it a try.

I can't connect to the ApexDC++ hub for some reason. I can connect to other hubs.

I have some problems I'd like to get help with, and figured it would be easiest to do it in a chat, hence my problem.

could be the same as this -> http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=1528

or simply the hub was busy at the moment you tried to connect to it.

As it is getting quite annoying, I can host smth like TGO 2 if you like? Imo it will be a good move, since in case TGO 1 is offline, TGO 2 will allow normal functionality... Even might be possible to do it fully automatic, to redirect users between hubs on hub full/hub failed?

I believe there are precautions in place to deal with TGO going down, and Sidetrack seems to have made necessary changes to the hub recently so users should have less issues with connecting. Hopefully there shouldn't be many issues.

np, I just got the impression Sidey is a bit swamped with hubs...

I personally dont like seeing ppl getting kicked for "unreal" nicks, like "...." or "asdaf".

After all, its a support hub, some ppl sometimes like staying anonymous or are just too lazy to write their nicks (at that moment). Maybe they dont even have real nicks or their "ghthfl" nick actually means smtng, like ifmn. (dont ask me what it means :D)

can i ask how comes that i was kicked for saying "everything" in the main chat? :) ... quite funny that this word is banned on the hub :)

can i ask how comes that i was kicked for saying "everything" in the main chat? :) ... quite funny that this word is banned on the hub :)

Quite right, "everything" may stand for,hmmm, everything,including abusive phrases. :)

Speaking seriously, imo it should be fixed, if not done already.

Mirage, please send me, if you have a copy of it, the kick message in a PM here. IF you feel it needs investigating. I am working on developing TGO ver. 3 currently. This will take a couple of months most likely. due to the huge change, I have built a custom server, running a *nix distro, with a *nix based hubsoft (no details on purpose atm) to make TGO take another big step toward support. I have not been around TGO much recently due to the work trying to fix a bug in TGO ver. 2. Its now fixed and we can move back to work on TGO version 3. Alot more features will be added to it.

... will check if i received a pm about it, not just the main chat's text ( i don't log hubchats ) ... when i get home ... somehow i cannot start my computer from here right now :)

:lol:

well guys, if you're looking for the one who finds all banned words on the hub, then i have to say you've found it :P

[22:57:44] <[Chat-OP]Eddy> whats up?

[22:58:32] <

Actually Mirage the scanners in TGO are beta that I am building..It was there first build and I found many many bugs..The new beta release will be out this weekend with many fixes..Thanks for the report and I am sorry for the inconvienance.

Actually Mirage the scanners in TGO are beta that I am building..It was there first build and I found many many bugs..The new beta release will be out this weekend with many fixes..Thanks for the report and I am sorry for the inconvienance.

np at all, i'm just 'testing' it :lol:

np at all, i'm just 'testing' it :lol:

But you've destroyed Mikey's motivation now. ;)

:P

Also, in TCD, bot was kicking for URLs. Not a big deal, except that each user with "Visit DC_CLIENT_PAGE while I return" in Away message got kicked. I found it while PM-ing users in an attempt to VIP them. :crying:

That's the bot's bad settings. It's safer just to replace or skip message.

Ok let me tell everyone something. Does anyone on this damn forum know the meaning of the word beta?

Definition of the word Beta : a nearly complete prototype of a product (as software) <released in beta> <the beta version>

Its not bad bot setting its not bad anything..It a beta style scanner which is meaning there is bound and determine to be bugs. This is the Apex forum not the TAN Hub Dev forum. I am the TAN Hub Dev and have asked everyone in TAN a million of times to submit bug reports to me. It has nothing to do with whats good and whats bad and I damn sure am not gonna set on an outside forum and watch you all go on about the damn scanners as I have told everyone a million times to submit the damn bug reports to me to be fixed..If you dont submit them to me then its not a bug till it does. So if you wanna sit around and say its bad bot settings and not do it properly as I asked then you can take the bad bot settings fix it your damn self and then you all can do development..You all know so damn much yet I see none of you spending to the time to do what Crise Sidey, Myself and others do...So before you go spamming the board try following directions.

This thread was designed to be the outside area of TGO not a place for TAN Network Members to talk about someones development and make us look bad to the outside world. We have a forum for that..I think maybe some of you should reread TAN's bylaws as disrespect is more then just bashing someone for no givin reason. I speak for not only myself but Crise and the others as stated before "If you dont want bugs then don't use a beta software" its as simple as that. Now from this point I see another post related to TAN proper and not Apex through this thread talking about any work the developers have done to TGO and you can start doing it yourself. I don't have the time to read these aggrevating post and neither should the people of ApexDC.

Edited by Mikey

I would gladly fix scanner settings if I'd be asked to, or I would gladly help work on some hubs as it happens.

Yes, Mikey is right. Unfortunately I have lead the topic in... damn bad direction. It was not meant to bash at anyone, just to bring attention. And the place was badly chosen indeed.

sorry Mikey, I didn't know anything about this thing (have never read it anywhere that i should report these to you) ... but from now on, if i find anything, i'll pm directly to you <_<

didn't awnt to aggrevate, just report stuff about tgo hub, as per this topic said ... at least now i know it's you who i should inform about stuff related to this.

good luck, and believe me, i know how bad it is to develop sg, which is still in beta status (or beta 7, what is the status in our project :crying: and it'll get beta 99 i believe )

It's no issue for you Mirage as they should be reported by TAN staff..If you do find bugs however please do report them directly to me. That goes for anyone willing to participate in not only TGo but any TAN hub the members of Apex are involved in. If you find a bug you can either contact me via hub or send me a private message via these forums and I will respond promptly to let you know I have received it.

Too bad its nmdc only and ynhub thats my only thought on the matter of the support hub