Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iDemon

iDemon Feature Requests

18 posts in this topic

Hi all. I'm from Bulgaria and ApexDC++ is my favorite DC++ client. Sorry if I make mistakes but my english is not very good :)

iDemon Feature Requests Part 1

1. All DC++ clients have big problem when downloading *.IFO and *.BUP files from VIDEO_TS DVD folder. The problem is that many *.IFO and *.BUP files have the same TTH and when download VIDEO_TS folder the source have 20 files but I'm downloading only 14. Other files with equal TTH is skiped. Now when download finish i must manual download one by one others files.

I want when client downloading from VIDEO_TS folder to do simple check are all files are download and if NO download missing files.

2. I want (Open own list) -> (Copy) -> (Full Patch) option like Copy Nick, File Name ......

In main chat many people search something but find nothing. And they ask " Who have last version of Firefox". And my a answer is PROGRAMI\Internet\Browsers\Firefox 1.5.0.6. The patch I copy from Windows Explorer. But I must minimize DC++ client, run Explorer, browse to folder, copy patch, re-open DC++ client.

3. I want options "Don't Limit transfer speed for users with Auto grand slot". I'm in LAN network and if I don't limit transfer speed my Upload speed is 5-10 MB/s and CPU Usage is 20-50% Athlon 3000+. For that reason "Limit transfer speed" is always ON 1500KB/s CPU Usage max 3%. I want my friends with Auto grand slot not have transfer speed limit and download very fast :)

4. I кnow that is very hard and isn't priority but client CPU Usage must optimise. Many people don't use Apex DC++ because hе load up their coputers compared with classic DC++ client. They say that Apex DC++ have great features but slow down computer. The Apex DC++ team must find assembler guru who optimise the code. ;)

That's for now but I prepare Part 2 :)

1. All DC++ clients have big problem when downloading *.IFO and *.BUP files from VIDEO_TS DVD folder. The problem is that many *.IFO and *.BUP files have the same TTH and when download VIDEO_TS folder the source have 20 files but I'm downloading only 14. Other files with equal TTH is skiped. Now when download finish i must manual download one by one others files.

I want when client downloading from VIDEO_TS folder to do simple check are all files are download and if NO download missing files.

You can simply duplicate the files (f.ex. take .bup and copy it and rename to .ifo) since the have the same TH they are the same file you see :) (one is backup of the other)

This "bug" has howerever been fixed in the currently developed version of SDC, so don't worry...

2. I want (Open own list) -> (Copy) -> (Full Patch) option like Copy Nick, File Name ......

In main chat many people search something but find nothing. And they ask " Who have last version of Firefox". And my a answer is PROGRAMI\Internet\Browsers\Firefox 1.5.0.6. The patch I copy from Windows Explorer. But I must minimize DC++ client, run Explorer, browse to folder, copy patch, re-open DC++ client.

hmm, you must mean path :) let's see what i can do about this

3. I want options "Don't Limit transfer speed for users with Auto grand slot". I'm in LAN network and if I don't limit transfer speed my Upload speed is 5-10 MB/s and CPU Usage is 20-50% Athlon 3000+. For that reason "Limit transfer speed" is always ON 1500KB/s CPU Usage max 3%. I want my friends with Auto grand slot not have transfer speed limit and download very fast :)

I'll check if this can be done atm. without too much work, and maybe...

4. I кnow that is very hard and isn't priority but client CPU Usage must optimise. Many people don't use Apex DC++ because hе load up their coputers compared with classic DC++ client. They say that Apex DC++ have great features but slow down computer. The Apex DC++ team must find assembler guru who optimise the code. ;)

Well higher resource/cpu usage is expected as ApexDC++ packs much more functionality than regular DC++, but i still agree with you... unfortunetly tho assembler guru's aren't that easy to find.

I agree with all of idemon's requests.sometimes i have problems DL-ing video_ts folders too. and about .4 - every good thing costs something - in our case - cpu usage ;).

I agree with all of idemon's requests.sometimes i have problems DL-ing video_ts folders too. and about .4 - every good thing costs something - in our case - cpu usage ;).

Fixed in SDC++ cvs.. :)

@2 - Copy Path/Filename

I agree completely with that request. Actually, I find such feature very important and useful as well. Though I didn't really notice yet that it's not present in ApexDC since I'm still stuck with my old client which has features I don't wanna give up.. :huh: (and therefore hoping for them to be added in next version of Apex)

since I'm still stuck with my old client which has features I don't wanna give up.

Have you requested them?

he has...

Gee, a programmer's memory. :)

Anyway, about the copy Path - Filename, what is the warranty that the respective user really has the latest version?And is there a way to do this with user commands?

Any program can be outdated at the moment of a request...

Any program can be outdated at the moment of a request...

What is someone asks : who has firefox? or something like that

it can be game , program etc.

There is a Ctrl+S for that. If you mean smth like "Who has the latest Firefox and is ready to share it", it is another issue. The Only use of that is if your HDD limits you to share all you have. But in this case, since the data will be on CD/DVD, how Apex would know the path? On the other hand, if you have the data on the HDD, you should share it without request, if you like. Finally, if the user just can't set up his Search function, this is no excuse to spam in main chat. :)

There is a Ctrl+S for that. If you mean smth like "Who has the latest Firefox and is ready to share it", it is another issue. The Only use of that is if your HDD limits you to share all you have. But in this case, since the data will be on CD/DVD, how Apex would know the path? On the other hand, if you have the data on the HDD, you should share it without request, if you like. Finally, if the user just can't set up his Search function, this is no excuse to spam in main chat. :)

yes i know.i personally never ask such lame questions.But since iDemon is administrator and he watches the main chat and there a lot of lamers in my local hub such questions are asked constantly and since hes a good man (im not saying that bcuz he is admin.) he is ready to help.I never bother to do such stuff (like wasting my time helping lamerz(lamerz , not ppl who have no/little experience with PCs).Afcource if someone asks something like "how to make my fat32 drive ntfs?"ill answer.Really.

WOW :)

The problem is that the boy or girl who ask don't know what program to use.

Simple example's:

He in main chat: People ! Who know how to capture Counter Strike and create movie.

Other in main chat: Use Fraps program

He in main chat: ОK thank

After 2 minutes: I don't find him.

Other in main chat: iDemon have it

He in main chat: WOW he have 2000 programs i don't find it.

or

He: Please help me. I search program who lock folder. Are you have?

Me: Yes. I have. Hi's name is folder lock.

He: OK thanks.

After 2 minutes He: My search don't find folder lock.

Me: PROGRAMS\Tools\Folder Lock (copy/paste path from Explorer)

1. Search don't work always.

2. Search don't work if for example he search "Folder Lock" but file name is Fol_Lo_1_23.exe

3. I have above 2000 programs shared in hub. They are arrange but many people don't find him.

4. I can give magnet link but many programs is consist of many files for that reason I give path.

5. Many users in hub know that I use many programs. Many other say "I don't know such program but iDemon may be know". For now all programs that I have is last version. VIVA RRS :) And many people know that and redirect other user to my PROGRAMS folder. :)

I'm small download.com in local hub :)

I see now, well in this case it can be a useful function. :) Maybe if you have your own filelist open and browse to the needed folder, in the right-click menu may be included "Send path to clipboard". Or,

post-65-1157125263_thumb.jpg

Yeah I think that "Copy Path" option would be usefull. And Zlobomir "send path to PM to.." that isn't so important it would be getting more time than just copy the path and paste it in PM/MainChat. I think that "Copy Path" is enough. Maybe something like this..

dgdghfledxs0.th.gif

If we implement this together with the "friendly hub names" (nicks of real hub names in Favorites), Copy to PM could save some time, f. ex.:

1. Click "Copy to PM..."

2. Type 1:User_X

3. Press Enter. :)

Edited by Zlobomir

I doubt it would save much time to be honest. Just open a PM or whatever, then copy the path and paste it... if there's much demand for it though...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0