ORION

Help with user tags

8 posts in this topic

I have a small hub where I live and people who use apexDC can't connect to my Ptokax hub unless they are emulating DC++ because I've set the rule to reject users without a DC tag not I know there is a tag there as it shows up in the user list in my client but why would Ptokax not be picking it up.

Sorry if this has been answered already but I did search and didn't seem t find anything.

a more an experienced hub owener could probably correct me here. but at a guess i would say it is looking for a tag that looks like DC++ and not just any tag. the apex tag has more infomation then the dc tag and therefore dosn't look like a dc++ one

Edited by balder

You need to use emulation, since the hub doesn't allow any other programs than DC++ (hub owner is very small minded).

hub owner is very small minded

lmao, the owner is Orion

Orion, i belive lee is suggesting that you do not use this option :)

Yes I'm the hub owner and I'm trying to figure out why I have this problem as I have no problem with StrongDC2 I'm just not sure what the difference is in the tags between ApexDC and StrongDC2 and why one will work and the other won't as they both appear to have the same tag format. (for the moment I've turned the rule off in the hub software)

well I've written a script for ptokax that parses the incoming MyINFO tag when users connect that seems to work so I guess it must be a bug in Ptokax not ApexDC

I guess that DC tag in ptokaX means list of tags which is PtokaX prepared for (++, StrgDC++ etc.) and it's not prepared for Apex, so it's bug in PtokaX