Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 0.2.1

25 posts in this topic

This maintenance update fixes two important issues in the previous 0.2.0 version. A common crash has hopefully been fixed, where the program would crash if the user received a PM with the popup notification enabled. Thanks to everyone who reported this, and kept their patience for a fix.

The second fix is related to the super seeding feature. TheBlazingIcicle issued a patch that reduces the UDP spam sent out, so users are highly unlikely to receive any problems regarding searching. If you still can't search after this update, try our guide. Or you can try the "How to get into active mode" guide. ^_^

Head over to the download page, and use the setup to fresh install or upgrade.

PeerGuardian plugin: Installation guide

had to manually go to the update page, the update in client stayed grey

also when I download the binary I get this when extracting

! C:\Documents and Settings\NadaWTB\Desktop\ApexDC++_0.2.1_binary.rar: Unexpected end of archive

! C:\Documents and Settings\NadaWTB\Desktop\ApexDC++_0.2.1_binary.rar: CRC failed in ApexDC++\ApexDC.pdb. The file is corrupt

! C:\Documents and Settings\NadaWTB\Desktop\ApexDC++_0.2.1_binary.rar: Unexpected end of archive

CRC Failure on the source too.

That pdb failure probly isnt too big a problem atm, the client will still work fine.

had to manually go to the update page, the update in client stayed grey

also when I download the binary I get this when extracting

! C:\Documents and Settings\NadaWTB\Desktop\ApexDC++_0.2.1_binary.rar: CRC failed in ApexDC++\ApexDC.pdb. The file is corrupt

I get the same problems too and on the setup file I get an NSIS Error

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete

I get the same problems too and on the setup file I get an NSIS Error

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete

I get the same problem with the

Setup (Use this if you want to avoid hassle) and Binary (Extract to new directory) files

Lee, I tried to crash it with pop up preview, when client is minimized, and with long messages, and it wont crash, I think its OK now. Thanks :) :)

Lee, I tried to crash it with pop up preview, when client is minimized, and with long messages, and it wont crash, I think its OK now. Thanks :) :blushing:

Good to hear. :blushing:

Hi all, i don't know what problems u have with the instalation, but at my it works just fine :)

Now i am gonna go and test it :D

Hi all, i don't know what problems u have with the instalation, but at my it works just fine :)

Now i am gonna go and test it :D

The problem was corruption, which was fixed on the same day as release.

Ok, i configured my client and it works just fine, thnx for the new client.

works just fine, thnx for the new client

Yea, thanks ppl ;) Btw forum avatar settings could be looked @ because when uploading an avatar smaller then 160x160 it's automatically stretched to that (offsite same thing) :| No good .. perhaps allowing for entering image size (limits still apply in that case) TTYL

Edited by bïöµï¢

So, StrongDC 2.02 has released. We're waiting for ApexDC update! =)

So, StrongDC 2.02 has released. We're waiting for ApexDC update! =)

We are disccussing (me and Lee are) if we release what i have now (which is on 2.02 base) as 0.2.2 or wait for 0.3.0.

As far as it contains some almost critical fixes, I think you should release new maintenance update.

As far as it contains some almost critical fixes, I think you should release new maintenance update.

Yes i know, and we came to the conclusion that we will release 0.2.2 very shortly :)

As a developer I also do not like rushing from users, but could you at least say when should we expect 0.2.2? :D

As a developer I also do not like rushing from users, but could you at least say when should we expect 0.2.2? :D

original plan was to release 0.2.2 on thrusday when Lee would be back. but it might take bit longer...

The development team has decided to release 0.2.2 today, so watch this space.