Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhaz

SOCKS5 SSH tunnel proxy does not work?

3 posts in this topic

I have a server that I'm using as a SSH SOCKS5 proxy tunnel to browser internet or for torrenting. I tried using same with DC, but it does not work, it simply doesn't connect to any hub.

You set up your proxy with MyEnTunnel and then on your browser or torrent client connection settings under SOCKS5 you enter 127.0.0.1 and port. And it works, but on ApexDC++ it gives you error "The socks server doesn't support login / password authentication". If you try to enter your direct proxy server IP you get " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

What I'm missing?

OK, I figured it out, since you put passwords and logins in your MyEnTunnel, you leave empty fields on ApexDC++. But there's still problems.

You can connect to hubs and chat, but nothing works download/upload related, search finds nothing, get file list does not work on any user.

Best case scenario is setting Passive Mode, but this is literally useless, 1 out of 20 users Get file list works, but search doesn't, you can't find anything and users can't find you.

I don't understand what's the point of proxy feature if you are limited to no sharing, literally.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0