Surrhead

Windows Defender found threat

6 posts in this topic

Today in "Windows Defender Antivirus" it finds a threat in Apex 1.6.4. The reported Trojan is " Win32/Clavior.G!cl"

Windows Defender wants to delete it. Please advice what to do!

have attached a picture from Windows Defender. It says that the program (ApexDc++ 16.4) is dangerous.

Skjermbilde.PNG

ApexDC++ is safe (virustotal analysis). The file may have been infected somewhere else, maybe on your own PC...?

Thanks for the answer.  Windows defender still get me nowhere in installing Apex 1.6.4. 

I needed to excelude the folder where ApexDC++ is installed to get everything up and running. 

There should be no infection on my machine . Hopefully. Checked also with Malwarebytes. ApexDC++ is the only one causing problems.

Where did you download the version of ApexDC in question, if you are using the installer make sure it is one from this web site. Also try with the binary only slim package instead.

I downloaded from this site. If I get further problems I will try the slim Package instread. What is difference between the slim package compared to the installer package?

On 8.5.2017 at 9:20 PM, Surrhead said:

I downloaded from this site. If I get further problems I will try the slim Package instread. What is difference between the slim package compared to the installer package?

There is no difference, except that the slim package only contains the required binary (ie. the .exe file). Mainly I suggested it so that we can see if the issue is specific to the version bundled in the installer. Having said that the binaries in each case should be identical.