Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

ApexDC++ 1.6.1 security update

5 posts in this topic

It's been too long since our last version - nearly two years!

We're pleased to announce 1.6.1 has been released and is available for immediate download. In this new version, we've focused on updating libs such as OpenSSL 1.0.2h (lots of security fixes), Inno Setup, Boost and MSVC 2015 Update 2. 

Furthermore, we hope to have finally fixed the connectivity issues with encrypted connections and a rare crash when removing hubs from favourites. We no longer automatically add any hubs to favourites, as this has been removed in 1.6.1.

A full list of changes are available on here.

As 1.6.0 is so old, we strongly recommend upgrading to 1.6.1 as soon as possible.

Download: ApexDC++ 1.6.1

Update: The binary only slim package uploaded to SourceForge seems to have been corrupt, this has now been remedied. It might take some time for the new file to populate on all the mirrors, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

RoLex likes this

Right, I vaguely remember a protocol called NMDC being superseded by ADC years ago... while this may seem unprofessional, to tell the truth my DC usage is such that this issue isn't something I would even be on my radar after a two year hiatus (I have neither shared nor searched anything in DC, definitely not in NMDC hubs for way more than two years).

Besides the primary responsibility to fix this issue is on hub developers and admins to make sure their hubs are not vulnerable as I understand it.

Edit: great minds think alike ;).

1 hour ago, RoLex said:

Thank you.

Very interesting though how you managed to miss such a huge problem that was fixed in DC++ and many other clients: http://www.te-home.net/?id=54&title=Second+largest+exploit+in+NMDC+history

Not that interesting: we missed it due to our hiatus. :P Another reason to migrate to the ADC protocol

We'll add the fix in the next version. Thanks for the heads up!

RoLex likes this

Hi guys i am a new member here .. thanks for all your posts . i am happy to be in this web site , ))

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0