Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pedja

Cutting system resource useage on indexing share

17 posts in this topic

I noticed, when one adds share, Apex uses 100% of cpu til indexing it. If it takes time (as usualy it does) computer is almost unusable for any other task (even if indexing is done in background). Windows becames very slow regardles how strong CPU is.

It would be good if aplication takces care of resources and leaves room for normal operation of other tasks, even if it means indexing would last longer.

use the settings .... slower hashing thake less resources.

did you setup ApexDC .... or just started to run it ????

A_Alias

I noticed, when one adds share, Apex uses 100% of cpu til indexing it. If it takes time (as usualy it does) computer is almost unusable for any other task (even if indexing is done in background). Windows becames very slow regardles how strong CPU is.

It would be good if aplication takces care of resources and leaves room for normal operation of other tasks, even if it means indexing would last longer.

Quite a few of your requests are already in the client, so please look before requesting.

Like A_Alias said, reduce the max hash speed in Experts only settings.

As where any chance to see indexing window? I mean something like System Log in orthodox DC, showing what are we doing now. I know, BigMuscle don't like this, he saying it eats lots of memory. But maybe something a bit simplier maybe implemented? I've noticed, that you may see parts of this output in baloon tooltip of the main window, but this behaviour is not much comfortable.

Why not leave the indexing progress window open? The status bar bottom left tells you what has just been hashed.

I meant, I wished to see what ApexDC is doing right now. Not only hashing process. This are things like searching TTH, automatic filelist refresh and so on. You may limit output for example by 40 lines, so it shouldn't eat much memory.

I meant, I wished to see what ApexDC is doing right now. Not only hashing process. This are things like searching TTH, automatic filelist refresh and so on. You may limit output for example by 40 lines, so it shouldn't eat much memory.

Oh, I believe DC++ has this system log window.. will see. :shifty:

Yes, it is. But BM removed it from StrongDC, 'cause "it eats too much RAM", he said.

Yes, it is. But BM removed it from StrongDC, 'cause "it eats too much RAM", he said.

Well it's enabled by default in DC++. So it can't use that much RAM. An option in ApexDC++ and a warning about RAM usage maybe suitable.

Well it's enabled by default in DC++. So it can't use that much RAM. An option in ApexDC++ and a warning about RAM usage maybe suitable.

That would be nice to see ^_^

I found the option. Thanks. Well, of course I did set Apex first, but there are lots of options and no documentation. I could not guess what is what.

I see this option is set not to limit indexing speed. It would be better fir default islimited to some ammount, since thi is option that everyone would set to easy things when idexing.

At least limit should take a part on first indexing (when there is no index). That is the most painfull part of the fresh install process. After we set share for the first time, computers became unusable until indexing is finished.

I have the feeling that hashing limit does not work on startup, if there are new downloads to be shared...

Speaking of system output i meant something like in the tooltip on this screenshot.

Also, I think it might be some graphics corruption (region marked red). If I point it with mouse, this tooltip comes out. Is it works as it should?

post-1878-1156623686_thumb.jpg

Speaking of system output i meant something like in the tooltip on this screenshot.

Also, I think it might be some graphics corruption (region marked red). If I point it with mouse, this tooltip comes out. Is it works as it should?

That's just an issue caused by installing over old install (f.ex. pwdc or older ver of sdc)

Edit: regarding the output you should see similar one on hovering over statusbar, tho sometimes the tooltip for it vanishes, and won't come back again until client restarted

Yes, I get about this. But what about that strange drawing in the region marked red?

Yes, I get about this. But what about that strange drawing in the region marked red?

He just explained. You get it when installing over an existing copy (e.g. pwdc, or any older client).

Ah, ok. I've installed it over SDC1RC10.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0