Lee

Connection issues: How to get in active mode

52 posts in this topic

I used portforward.com to adjust everything, got a static IP and forwarded the ports as they said, but my ApexDC++ still won't connect to the TCP one and I still can't search.

By the way, I didn't find ApexDC++ in the program list, but achieved the port forwarding as they said anyway.

Go into your connection details (double click the wee computers in task bar) and double check that under details your IP matches the reserved IP you gave yourself.

Go into your connection details (double click the wee computers in task bar) and double check that under details your IP matches the reserved IP you gave yourself.

My IP adress as seen in connection details is the same I put in the portforwarding for ApexDC++ and the "Network interface for all connections" in the Connection settings.

However, my static IP starts with 192.xx but the external / WAN IP one in ApexDC++ starts with 69.xx.

When I try to Check Connection, it says :

Testing on address 69.xx.xx.xx

Failed to connect on TCP 3456

Connected on UDP 3456

Partial Connection

In my router, I supposely forwarded the ports 3456 for TCP and UDP to the adress starting with 192.xx.

It should be the PC address, 192.xx not your external that you forward.

Port forwarding means that the PC at that specific address has access on those ports. So if the IP address of the machine matchs the 192.xx you entered into the port forwarding section on your router this should work correctly.

Edit: So it's external IP in Apex and Internal IP in your router.

Try to play with the router's SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) feature, if such available. And give it a time and restart to take effect. I was forced to disable it on my Netgear WGR614v7, even to connect to my LAN hub (PC next room). Maybe it is something that the developers should check, since I don't think a router feature like this should be disabled.

Try to play with the router's SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) feature, if such available. And give it a time and restart to take effect. I was forced to disable it on my Netgear WGR614v7, even to connect to my LAN hub (PC next room). Maybe it is something that the developers should check, since I don't think a router feature like this should be disabled.

Where would that SPI be? I checked on the router settings in the 192.xx web adress and didn't find it.

Where would that SPI be? I checked on the router settings in the 192.xx web adress and didn't find it.

But it is possble you don't have such!

P. S. On the last Apex start I again messed with program settings to make it download in active mode. Now have put 2 different nos. for TCP and UPD. Wonder wnen and how this will end up, if ends at all.

post-65-1200701538_thumb.png

# Select the Direct Connection radio button in ApexDC++ connection settings.

# Click on the Get IP Address button.

When i do this the port boxes and test connection link become greyed out.

If i choose the other 2 radio buttons the test link isn't greyed out bot there are no ports selected. Not sure what ports to enter. I am running a hub on the same computer if that makes any difference. Also i am behind a router but this computer is set to DMZ.

So not really sure what to do at this point.

Ok i chose the firewall with manual port forwarding and chose some ports. Like a few other people UdP connects and tcp fails.

Yes, the third option is correct (above Firewall (worst case) ). As for the rest, try to find help in our support hub (address in my signature) or we may arrange a VNC (remote desktop) session.

hi

what if u cant get to router...is there any option...

i think they closed all ports and now i can connect to hubs running on servers only inside our LAN (student dorms), but those sucks

so plz....thanx

Only by hacking the router, but we didn't tell you to do that.

On a more serious note, you could try connecting on port 80, or traffic tunnelling to desquise the data as HTTP.

you could try connecting on port 80, or traffic tunnelling to desquise the data as HTTP.

ok thanx, but how to do both actions, sry not quite familiar with those things

Updated first post to remind users they must set the TLS port in current versions in order to set active mode correctly.

I've updated the guide to make it simple for new users to understand and correctly setup ApexDC++.

I'm having trouble getting into active mode but I followed the instructions so I was wondering if anyone knew why or could help? I'm not usuing a router so I used the first lot of instructions and checked all is allowed with my firewall. Whenever I try to go actove though I get this error?

"DHT bootstrap error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

I'm having trouble getting into active mode but I followed the instructions so I was wondering if anyone knew why or could help? I'm not usuing a router so I used the first lot of instructions and checked all is allowed with my firewall. Whenever I try to go actove though I get this error?

"DHT bootstrap error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

If you don't have a router, you should have no problems at all getting active.

So, what Operating System, what firewall, and what version of Apex are you using please?

If you don't have a router, you should have no problems at all getting active.

So, what Operating System, what firewall, and what version of Apex are you using please?

Sorry, I actually managed to get active in the end :) But now I've been having ANOTHER problem haha. I was registering for a public hub.. disconnected and tried to reconnect when I get another error..

"[14:22:07] *** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

:/

Sorry, I actually managed to get active in the end :) But now I've been having ANOTHER problem haha. I was registering for a public hub.. disconnected and tried to reconnect when I get another error..

"[14:22:07] *** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

:/

Most definitely a problem with your internet connection. Try restarting your router and reconnecting.

Hi - New here, but not new to ApexDC++

Just had a new router installed and suddenly i cannot get into Active.

I had PortForward program set up my ports, and checked the values against CanYouSeeMe.org.

All ports were regognised there.

Still people can upload from me, but i cannot search.

I think i have tried all i know of, but to no use - being in Passive gives me the search, but not the right way to be connected.

Anything you can recommend me trying, since validating tells me i am right - but fact shows me otherwise.

Also when i try to check in the Settings for check connection - it gives me a green light and say Connection OK.

Misery here - help needed

A new router installed?? anything changed in your network?

Did you read the manual or only use the PortForward programm?

A new router could change the internal IP's and your pc could have some trouble getting the correct IP.

Ports could be in use by another programm perhaps?

The trouble started after you installed the router, so most likely the problem is the routers settings...