Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thresholder

Remember Searches+Download Problem

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of issues i hope i can receive help about:

1) I am quite sure there is an option to remember searches but i have gone mad through all options available and cannot find it anymore: is it still there and if so where?

2) Despite having a huge queue of stuff to download with plenty of available sources often Apex just downloads a couple of files at a time at 13 of the available bandwith instead of going at full speed.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

I am on win8 x64 and i am in active mode.

Thank you

For 1) the option is no longer there but the behavior should be same as when that option was enabled on older versions (ie. the option has been removed the persistent search history is still there)

For 2) check your settings under Downloads > Limits (I assume your bandwidth limiting is off, if it isn't then, even if you set the limit higher than your maximum connection speed your speeds will be affected to an extent because of how the limiter is implemented).

Edit: looks like persistent search history was unintentionally deactivated, will be resolved for next version.

For 1) the option is no longer there but the behavior should be same as when that option was enabled on older versions (ie. the option has been removed the persistent search history is still there)

For 2) check your settings under Downloads > Limits (I assume your bandwidth limiting is off, if it isn't then, even if you set the limit higher than your maximum connection speed your speeds will be affected to an extent because of how the limiter is implemented).

Edit: looks like persistent search history was unintentionally deactivated, will be resolved for next version.

Hello Crise and thanks for the help.

1) It has been missing for a while so I hope we do get it back with next version.

2) I don't think I have ever changed those setting which are as this: http://prntscr.com/2iaw9e

My problem is that the queue doesn't get processed despite plenty of availability for sources.

Often I find apex not downloading anything at all, until I do a search for some of the items in queue than apex starts downloading all the available files at full speed.

The problem is that I need to be at the PC to do that every now and than so not very practical.

Thank you.

My problem is that the queue doesn't get processed despite plenty of availability for sources.

Often I find apex not downloading anything at all, until I do a search for some of the items in queue than apex starts downloading all the available files at full speed.

The problem is that I need to be at the PC to do that every now and than so not very practical.

Try tweaking your settings under Downloads > Queue (particularly priority settings, and make sure "automatically search for TTH alternatives" is set to a sane value, ie. not too low, hubs get annoyed when you do that and start ignoring TTH searches). You might also want to try enabling/disabling auto priority and see what that does.

If something you changes resolves it, please let me know... I might need to work on the defaults in this area because this is not the first I have heard of similar problems.

Try tweaking your settings under Downloads > Queue (particularly priority settings, and make sure "automatically search for TTH alternatives" is set to a sane value, ie. not too low, hubs get annoyed when you do that and start ignoring TTH searches). You might also want to try enabling/disabling auto priority and see what that does.

If something you changes resolves it, please let me know... I might need to work on the defaults in this area because this is not the first I have heard of similar problems.

Hi Crise,

Yesterday I went back to passive mode and that seemed to have sorted the problem but I also changed the priority of some of the files in queue.

I am now back in active mode cause I pass the "check connection test".

Re these settings, even if i pass the test, i am unclear on 2 things:

-Do i have to open 2 TCP (3968,3969) and 2 UDP (3968,6250) ports in my router?

(So far I have opened tcp 3969 and udp 3968)

-In my router i only have tcp and udp so I don't know if these TLS and DHT ports needs some specific settings:

http://prntscr.com/2ig3z1

Re. the queue these are my settings:

http://prntscr.com/2ig560

TTH is the default value of 5 minutes and it cannot be lower of that as it reverts back to 5.

Do you want me to modify the "Highest,Normal, Low, High prio max size"?

I don't understand much these settings: what do they refer to exactly and how to modify them effectively?

I deselected the "Auto Priority by default" as suggested.

When I add something in the queue do i have to give these files a priority?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0