Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peetboy

Get ratio information

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have simple question: would it be possible to get user ratio information with plugin?

That is not possible, unless the plugin tracks it themselves

What kind of use case would you have in mind for something like this... please note that getting information about the ratio of a remote user is not possible plugin or otherwise since it is not a statistic tracked by the protocol at present time.

The case would be just informational. We have some arrogant people on the hub who download several times more than they share so I would like to know how much really. I was thinking more about TotalDownload,TotalUpload configuration parameters. I know that they can be easily faked but basic DC user doesn't know that.

The case would be just informational. We have some arrogant people on the hub who download several times more than they share so I would like to know how much really. I was thinking more about TotalDownload,TotalUpload configuration parameters. I know that they can be easily faked but basic DC user doesn't know that.

The client does not share that information with the hub or with other clients, so it is impossible at present, also even if it were to be made possible it would not have any retroactive effects. Also this as far as information goes is in the category that constantly updates, most hubs would not appreciate it, so at best it would be on a fairly long interval.

To be fair, if it were up to me, I would prefer users ratio to carry more weight than the total share size, but like you said it is not reliable enough information to make that viable (spoofing share is slightly more complicated than editing an xml file after all). Also DC as an network is not entirely suited for it but hey one can dream.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0