ejjrooom

File priority options

5 posts in this topic

1) What is the use of Priority = Paused exactly? Is it different from a Stopped state, as in uTorrent where Paused retains peer connections whereas Stopped doesn't? If not, then why not replace Paused with Stopped in Apex, and then have nice Start/Stop buttons on the toolbar?

2) When viewing a user's file list, the context menus for files have a "Download with priority" option, so that I can add a file to my list but for example set it to Paused since I don't want to download it right away. Why isn't the same option available for search results as well? Why can't I right-click a file returned as a search result, and download with the priority of my choosing?

3) Double-clicking a file in a user's list or in the search results always seems to add it to the download list with an initial "Low (Auto)" priority. Can't we have an option to specify a default file add priority somewhere?

1) What is the use of Priority = Paused exactly? Is it different from a Stopped state, as in uTorrent where Paused retains peer connections whereas Stopped doesn't? If not, then why not replace Paused with Stopped in Apex, and then have nice Start/Stop buttons on the toolbar?

Anybody else feel this is worthwhile to do? Paused is exactly what it means.

2) When viewing a user's file list, the context menus for files have a "Download with priority" option, so that I can add a file to my list but for example set it to Paused since I don't want to download it right away. Why isn't the same option available for search results as well? Why can't I right-click a file returned as a search result, and download with the priority of my choosing?

Nice observation. If there is no immediate issues with adding this, we can pop it on the todo list.

3) Double-clicking a file in a user's list or in the search results always seems to add it to the download list with an initial "Low (Auto)" priority. Can't we have an option to specify a default file add priority somewhere?

There are priority settings under Settings > Queue if you want to mess about with those.

Anybody else feel this is worthwhile to do?

Yes, would love to have this on the ToDo list as well. The buttons on the toolbar would certainly help, because the context menu should contain non-essential/extra items, not important ones such as File Priority that aren't accessible from anywhere else. Recently I had a painful experience on a laptop where the right trackpad button was broken, so I had to constantly switch to the keyboard to access the context menu. Easy to use toolbar buttons or maybe even a Priority drop-down menu on the toolbar would be great to have.

Nice observation. If there is no immediate issues with adding this, we can pop it on the todo list.

Thanks, looking forward to it being implemented. :)

There are priority settings under Settings > Queue if you want to mess about with those.

Ah yes, although TBH after looking at that it reminds me - is there a comprehensive help file or guide to all the settings? An app like this sure needs a help file for people not familiar with the exact implications of each setting change.

Ah yes, although TBH after looking at that it reminds me - is there a comprehensive help file or guide to all the settings? An app like this sure needs a help file for people not familiar with the exact implications of each setting change.

It is on the list for the new site. :)