Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qoqodqo

Connection problem

4 posts in this topic

I have really a big problem with connection: I need to use PASSIVE as for some reason AphexDC++ is unable request for open port to OS like uTorrent does - when I start uTorrent my OS autmaticaly detect it try to open port(s), but when I do the same with AphexDC++ it does not and so I have real problems, why is that? :-( See: I did try allowing them manualy in my FW but no success but the same port is opened when I try it with uTorrent with no problem and even without any manual settings (as I said before my OS - Windows XP SP3 - detects it autmaitcaly), why can't you add the same "autorequest-port" functionality as seen in uTorrent, guys? :-(((

This "autorequest port" functionality you are writing about is called uPnP. So you have set your connection setting to be Firewall with uPnP and it dows not work, right? Does it say anything like "Failed to create port mappings" in the status bar/system log in Apex?

Use automatic incoming connections type for uPnP and let us know what it says in system log.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0