Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkman

New Pm Icon (Tray)

11 posts in this topic

Ok, I was just stting on dc like I usally do then I was thinking about how hard it was to see the purple icon on the first preview (Exp. on my laptop's lcd when i'm slouched over and there is a glare) anyway. It dawned on me to let the user define the color of the icon when a new pm is recived. Just an idea. Feedback is welcome.

PS. This is what the alaphabet would look like with Q and R

Guess no one likes my idea ;) ive tossed it out on a few hubs and everyone has said it would be a good idea...

Guess no one likes my idea ;) ive tossed it out on a few hubs and everyone has said it would be a good idea...

the BOLD NICKNAME works fine for me ... as op i get lots of PM's so i setup to use more rows for the tabs ( 6 to 10 ) most of the time ... it depands what screen resolution i can work with the hardware i use.

if the font coller change is used i like it to be used for on and ofline users ....

just my 2 cents ... afcourse it would be wild if it all can be done by settings so every one can easy mod the client the way it fits thier needs.

Every system tray icon is 40KB. It may not seem much, but including like 5-10 choices will result in a 200-400KB increase in exe file size.

Although, I wouldn't mind having this customisation option.

Every system tray icon is 40KB. It may not seem much, but including like 5-10 choices will result in a 200-400KB increase in exe file size.

Although, I wouldn't mind having this customisation option.

realy? :shifty:

untitled2nz9.png

:P

have you taken in consideration that every icon needs to be 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64 to be 100% WinXP compatible?

that sizes it up to 40KB per icon, now do the math.

have you taken in consideration that every icon needs to be 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64 to be 100% WinXP compatible?

that sizes it up to 40KB per icon, now do the math.

True seeker, but tray icon only needs 16x16 :shifty:

True seeker, but tray icon only needs 16x16 :shifty:

Maybe, but some people might want to use it as a desktop icon. They'll be able to change it with some icon.

If he wants to set the new pm icon, he may as well be able to set the main icon too.

Link icons as a separate dll, so users may change icon theme just by replacing it. This is done in miranda-im, and I like such behaviour.

Maybe, but some people might want to use it as a desktop icon. They'll be able to change it with some icon.

maybe but we want the default to be "compact"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0