Lee

release A small 1.5.1 update and FlexHub

19 posts in this topic

We are pleased to push 1.5.1 as a minor maintenance release and announce our partnership with FlexHub to bring you a new encrypted ADCS hub hosted by TAN. Flexhub is an upcoming hubsoft that aims to please both NMDC and ADC users by allowing them to connect to the same hub. Benefits of FlexHub include easy migration from NMDC to ADC, encrypted communication and transfers, friendly hub controls and active developers. Any hub owners who are tired of using the same old and outdated hub software should give this a try.

We will be working closely with the FlexHub Dev team in order to bring new features requiring hubsoft support in 2.0. If you haven't already tried FlexHub, you can download it here (compatible with Windows and Linux).

All existing 1.5.0 users will be prompted to auto update soon. For those who are impatient, you can head over to our download page.

cargoAttags likes this

Here is the full address following the KEYP specification:

adcs://adcfun.com:2780/?kp=SHA256/ICKEZPZNX3NG64JSMNT5JUULMYD4UPCMJTLKKF7DLM6XCOHMI77Q
[/CODE]

All you need to do is copy this address to favourites or use File > Quick Connect.

There is more discussion and information regarding KEYP and how it's useful for over at the FlexHub forums.

See you in there. ;)

I'm sure this will lift the whole scene.

Another big step as we see three fully commited teams join their force to make DC++ a better place.

After all, we all take the benefit of it. Flexhub for creating a new kind of hubsoft, Apex for creating more safety and a better client. And TAN for guiding the users to a place they need.

As TAN Network Recruiter, i'm proud to be a tiny part of this situation.

Finally a way to help hubs and users stay secure. The KEYP spec is an excellent idea and ensures we are actually connecting to the hub we actually want. and not a rogue trying to get info. If only more people took the time to post a reply here with their thoughts. Cause at the end of the day, this could shape the future.

If you not convinced just jump in the hub and see for yourself, or even try changing the hash at the end of the URL and see if you can login.

Lee,,,,,, I just wanted to say how glad I am that you and the Apex team decided to join up with the Flex team. I have been using the hub since Flip first released it and have been on part of the bug chasing team and I have to say the more I use Flex the more I like it.

So I think were looking at something very good here as I have also used Apex since the very beginning and the majority of the users on our hub are using it. Truly looking forward to the next generation of dc hub community.

I checked both websites, TAN even has google bot as a registered member, Flexhub's latest version can't be downloaded, ist not in the download section.. guess Apex is doomed now, I quit

I checked both websites, TAN even has google bot as a registered member, Flexhub's latest version can't be downloaded, ist not in the download section.. guess Apex is doomed now, I quit

Let's start then,

1 - TAN has google bot on its site just like all the other sites on the net. It can only see/retrieve a limited amount of information. Basically the stuff you see as an unregistered user to the site. And let's face it. If google wasn't there, then people wouldn't know the site has help guides now would they?

2 - FlexHub doesn't have SVN 1215 on the site as it was a minor update and as such doesn't need it's own download. That's why there is an update utility built into the hub. To get such minor updates.

So please before trying to bash thing's check you understand them first.

Thank you for your kind words so far. I'm sure FlipFlop and his team are appreciating the feedback as much as us. We can't wait to get started!

Hello harrie, I will make sure the relevant people see your post. I think you're point is about why the Google bot is shown as registered and not guest? It's a good point and maybe TAN will fix it. We have always been proud partners to TAN since the early stages of PeerWebDC so this should not make you quit :)

Please keep an open mind and give FlexHub a try as we would love to hear your feedback. You can use this opportunity to test the auto update process built into FlexHub - this is especially important as it keeps our network running the latest software available.

Flip and I are proud members of TAN for some time now. So we are happy that strong old school network is a part of this project.

After this first step, Flexhub team is looking forward to hopefully long, successful and full of new ideas partnership with ApexDC.

The cooperation between FlexHub and Apex will be an interesting one, by closing the gap between client and hub development some very nice features will be brought to the DC community in the near future! Don't miss it!

Lee likes this

I've been part of the dc community for a while now, walked to long path from finding p0rn to download :) to buggin the ops about numerous things

until they made me vip in my very first hub. Discovering the mess that clients are and started to bug client devs about numerous things :).

If someone sees a pattern here its not about me buggin other people to do things for me, it's me wanting to make those things I see possible avaliable for

our community. Because of it, I have been part of (or hanging around ;-) ) many projects over the years, trem and fulDC, the newly deceased ADCPortal, jove and aquila,

and many many more. For some projects I'm only doing very small things (like here on Apex I have been making the swedish translation for a while) for others (like AirDC++)

I have been in much deeper.

So when Flip asked me if I wanted to join the FlexHub project late last year it wasnt a difficult decision. Scary as hell and fun all at the same time :)

Since January the 22:th when the first public beta version of FlexHub where published we have togheter been working on making FlexHub into what it is today,

a fully working, stable hubsoft, not bug free and things are still missing and many improvents are waiting ahead to make the experience even better for users and hubowners.

Yes, it has not even been a year since our first release, but I think that if you look at what FlexHub provides we are as good as most, or even better than some of

the other "older" hubsofts out there, although not as mature and not as "polished" and smooth as hubsofts thats been developed for several years, but we will get there too in time.

And thats a promise!

But a hubsoft alone is quite pointless, to further the development client and hub developers must work togheter and that is what we are doing here. Not saying we will

produce miracles, but working togheter we will get something that it's very unlikely that either projects would have been able to do by their own.

- after all, how many of you here (or how many of the "average dc-user" ) did even know about the keyprint extension and what it does before this announcement?

The aim of FlexHub is to be a powerful, flexible hubsoft with inline updates (yes, its possible to update the hubsoft without even restarting it), combining

ADC and NMDC in one hubsoft, just because :D

/en_dator (dc geek)

We gonna do what they say can't be done.

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.

The network has been working together with Apex for many years and have seen the client go from OK to better to wonderful. Now we can see it taking the next step to fantastic. The network has supported Apex just because of the hard work and vision that the Apex team have always shown.

Then Flex came along.....

This was truly exciting because suddenly a hubsoft that will change the way we think and do things, came along. It is a work of art.

Now the merger of the two. Wow. We have always done things on DC so that the clients are formed to fit the hubs and are limited by that. Now there is a true co-operation between hubsoft and client and we can see a new road to travel. This can only get better.

The Ascendent Network has been (a small) part of this and this makes me very proud. We have offered our support to both Apex and Flex and got to know the teams very well. Their visions are pointing towards the future and this is what the future of DC will be based on. New ground has been broken and now the sky is the limit.

My thanks go to the Apex team, the Flex team and last but not least all my Network friends that made this possible. This is a great thing.

Pop the champagne corks and cheers to you all. You rock. This is huge............ and really good news.

Contains lot of bugs and it can stand with only 1500 users.On the secure part adcs we all come to share weather u r on nmdc or adc or adcs you have the same rule <<removed - this is not true >> :)

I will try once the hub software is fully in working condition not on beta and may be they take years and years so i better stick with verli-hub which is quite stable on my linux and for adcs i will better switch to adch++ as as they are stable.

One more thing as flex is so buggy needs update and update and lot of things changes in a while i heard from some one they release again update in some time to fix things up.

Contains lot of bugs and it can stand with only 1500 users.On the secure part adcs we all come to share weather u r on nmdc or adc or adcs you have the same rule <<removed - this is not true >> :)

I will try once the hub software is fully in working condition not on beta and may be they take years and years so i better stick with verli-hub which is quite stable on my linux and for adcs i will better switch to adch++ as as they are stable.

One more thing as flex is so buggy needs update and update and lot of things changes in a while i heard from some one they release again update in some time to fix things up.

What have you done with your life that's so great? ^_^ Remember these guys do this in their spare time because they enjoy it.

It may not be able to hold as many as verlihub, but the developers have stated this is not their goal. ApexDC has been in continuous development for 6 years, so why does it matter how long it takes? The project can grow, introduce more features and fix bugs regularly - this is what a new project does.

while i heard from some one they release again update in some time to fix things up.

You heard from somebody? Well that tells us everything :P Go test it yourself and if you're feeling in a productive mood please report these bugs directly to the developers so they can auto update the hubs with fixes.

Haha, every software has it's trolls, and captainfreeky a.k.a. Joe is FlexHub's all time favorite troll.

Contains lot of bugs

Name two of them.

One more thing as flex is so buggy needs update and update and lot of things changes

FlexHub is being actively developed, that means we listen to the people using it (as long as they can behave, you know what i mean), and keep adding new features and improving the hubsoft. That's what the updates are about. And since version 0.2 FlexHub has become a very stable hubsoft. Ofcourse bugs are fixed with every release as well, but with the inline update system updates are easy and run smooth. It's even possible to run updates without having to restart the hub.

And indeed, as Lee already stated, supporting large usercounts has never been the goal for FlexHub. But maximum control, feature-rich, flexible and supporting NMDC/NMDCS ADC/ADCS protocol in one hub is not something many other hubsofts can offer.

Haha, every software has it's trolls, and captainfreeky a.k.a. Joe is FlexHub's all time favorite troll.

I don't know who this JOE u are talking abt well i don't wana try flex I am happy with verli and if i want to try on stable thing i will hit on adch++ for adcs. or some other stuff.

For ur bugs u have the list of it in launchpad :P

What have you done with your life that's so great? ^_^ Remember these guys do this in their spare time because they enjoy it.

:P god knows about it :D :D

******GROAN*****

Hehe, there has been some nice statements from people involved and I'm excited about what we can do. Hopefully we'll see over the next few months more people give FlexHub a try. :)

Btw, looks like you were hit the forum's 30,000th post. ;)