Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
momcilosystem

[SOLVED]Webserver not working.

5 posts in this topic

When I start my ApexDC++ it works perfectly, well, except for webserver.

It says:

Failed loading web server resources: unzOpen; stopping webserver...

Can you please give me some advise.

I tried googling it but with no success.

I am running ApexDC++ v1.4.3.957 on Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks in advance,

Momcilo Medic.

Put the attached zip file into your application directory (where ApexDC-x64.exe is).

Don't extract it, just place the zip file there.

webui.zip

Put the attached zip file into your application directory (where ApexDC-x64.exe is).

Don't extract it, just place the zip file there.

webui.zip

Thanks my friend,

indeed it solves my problem with error in question but my webserver is still not operational.

Opera: Connection closed by remote server

Firefox: The connection was reset

IE: The webpage cannot be displayed

Oh, IE, how I hate you :)

And another thing, I saw there that you assumed that I am running 64-bit ApexDC++, which I am not (hm, maybe that .zip file is for 64-bit executable and that's why my webserver is not working).

I was wandering if there is any reason why I should?

I mean, it's not like it'll ever use more than 3GB of RAM, or is there another thing I should know about 64-bit applications?

No disrespect intended, just wanted to know a little more how ApexDC++ works.

Thanks for such a quick reply btw.

:)

Use https, not http :) (yes you will need to add a security exception)

As for 32bit vs 64bit... most likely not real difference unless you happen to run a processor that requires the OS to step in and do more of its magics. Google for WoW64 for more info. To put it short to run 32bit application on a 64bit os, the os does a kind of emulation to make that happen... how much of an impact this will have on performance depends what kind of 64bit processor you are running. That said emulation (or we should perhaps use the word compatibility mode) is always a factor that adds more or less overhead.

My personal opinion is that you should always run application that is native to your OS if possible, so basically 32bit on 32bit 64bit on 64bit.

Thanks Crise.

Using https did the trick.

And thanks for clarification on 64-bit applications. I understand that it may have some impacts on performance but I have quite a strong CPU and I don't really think it would be an issue.

I completely agree with your "run application that is native to your OS" point of view. It makes perfect sense.

Thanks again for such a quick response.

Keep up the good work!

Momcilo Medic.

P.S. You can add [sOLVED] to this thread as I don't know how to do it :) Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0