Lee

Released: 8 million downloads, 1.4.3 is here

8 posts in this topic

We have released 1.4.3 to the public just in time to celebrate our 8 million downloads milestone. There are some critical security fixes in this version when using hide share or Browse Filelist features. As such, we feel this is important enough to prompt all existing users to upgrade. If you've been experiencing issues getting filelists or downloading folders, we recommend you upgrade to 1.4.3.

Thanks for all the reports. :)

Download: ApexDC++ 1.4.3

We have released 1.4.3 to the public just in time to celebrate our 8 million downloads milestone. There are some critical security fixes in this version when using hide share or Browse Filelist features. As such, we feel this is important enough to prompt all existing users to upgrade. If you've been experiencing issues getting filelists or downloading folders, we recommend you upgrade to 1.4.3.

Thanks for all the reports. :)

Download: ApexDC++ 1.4.3

OK, this will probably be asked by many - why does it tell me that the 1.4.3 version is "an old version that contains serious bugs blablabla" and close DC after i've just installed it? Makes me think I shouldn't have updated.. previous prompt didn't force the program to shut down. Ugh, another update fresh with the bugs =(

OK, this will probably be asked by many - why does it tell me that the 1.4.3 version is "an old version that contains serious bugs blablabla" and close DC after i've just installed it? Makes me think I shouldn't have updated.. previous prompt didn't force the program to shut down. Ugh, another update fresh with the bugs =(

I'm experiencing the same error. I can't launch the program; it immediately closes it whether I click "OK" to the dialog, or I close the window.

I tried installing 1.4.2 over my new install, and the program does the same thing. Reinstalling 1.4.3 doesn't fix things either.

BTW I'm running Vista 32 bit.

Morning guys, Sorry don't have any official updates right now but I do have a temp fix.

Make sure Apex is fully closed (Also check process list) then open DCPlusPlus.xml in the settings folder with notepad, scroll to the bottom and look for the field called <LastUpdateNotice type="int64">xxxxxxxxx</LastUpdateNotice>

Once you can see that field add a few extra numbers to it where I have indicated it as xxxx's here.

Save the file then start ApexDC++. DO NOT TOUCH THE UPDATE WINDOW Click the client window and leave the update window alone until there is an official fix from the devs.

That should get you all going again for now.

somebody screwed up the version.xml =)

Indeed.

All sorted now though! :)