el22or

Linux version?

56 posts in this topic

A good client for linux???

A dream...

I believe that it will be a great innovation for direct connect protocol :D

It's not important many features...only some control for OP, lua support and black background :)

I hope you'll make it working under FreeBSD too ;)

I hope you'll make it working under FreeBSD too :)

some people are never happy :). if it dosn't work nativly please feel free to patch it and send an update ;)

Hehe, I would have no problems with it working on FreeBSD, but if we don;/t use it, it may be hard to make sure it does and/or try it. Also, we wouldn;t want to sacrifice any features or whatever to give support for FreeBSD I don't think.

If it works on FreeBSD, great... if not, maybe give us a hand to get it working? :)

Just write a new OS for the new Apex. :angry:

Lol, ApexOS++, you reboot your computer to go into your OS which is just a DC client. :angry:

Lol, ApexOS++, you reboot your computer to go into your OS which is just a DC client. :angry:

No, but you just strike my head with an apple! :) Java ApexDC++

Lol, ApexOS++, you reboot your computer to go into your OS which is just a DC client.

Then it should be a LiveCD OS :angry:

Then it should be a LiveCD OS :angry:

Might as well just install it on its own harddrive, considering all the downloading you'll be doing. :)

The problem is that it isn't that good, in my opinion at least. I mean they've done a good job by getting DC++ onto Linux at all, but it's not exactly feature full. When I switched to Linux for a while I could DC++ impossible to use for what I do on DC.(Which doesn't even include much downloading...)

so, any news on Apex for linux?

Yes. We have the latest code from mattdev121, and due to his departure from development team, we have asked balder to look at the code to see whether he can continue it. We'll provide an update in a week or two, after he's had time to analyse it.

Why Apex for Linux developement is so top secret? Can we get instructions for getting cvs/svn devel code to see what we can expect in future, help to hunt and fix bugs? ITA

hello Urke, ApexLinux is not top secret. it is just in very early stages. we have had .. delays. matdev atempted the project but has now had to stop. mat has made some developments which we are all greatfull for but the client is not in a stage where it is viable for release.

Just so every one knows, ApexLinux is indended to be an improvment on LinuxDC. This is going to be the cvs which we work from. The intention is to expand this trunck to include the featurs that ApexDC++ has. So far small improvments have been made.

LinuxDC, by its own adminition, is buggy. Matdev has worked at moving the graphics handeling into a more consistent form as well as attempting to fix some of the bugs. He has also gone some way to puting some branding on the linux dc client.

As lee said above (cheers lee :D) i have volunteered to take a look at the current source and see what i can do. To this end i am afraid i cannot give you much of an update, other then what i have just said. TBH, other things have been going on. I have not been able to have a proper look at the source. However i indend to keep to lee's dead line, which i calculate as 01/11/06 11:53AM BST. :)

In the mean time; if you are a linux developer and want to help, please consider the linuxDC source a decent enough source to work with. My email address is balder.theglorious@googlemail.com. If you have anything which could help, Such as patches, bug fixes, advice or your time as a developer please feel free to contact me

i would also like to say that we apreciate all of the work that the LinuxDC++ team* have put in and any fixes or bugs will be posted to them.

btw no decition has been made on the final name for the apex linux client so suggestgons are welcome.

finnaly i know i cant spell and my grammer is crap, (cheers crise :fear:). so dont bother correcting me it will go in one ear and out the other

*please look at this change log for linuxDC++ credits

Edited by balder

btw no decition has been made on the final name for the apex linux client so suggestions are welcome.

I think it should be obvious that it is related to ApexDC++, so maybe "LApexDC++" would fit? I wouldn't agree with any word conrtruction that contains just a cut part of the word 'Apex' so something line 'Linpex' or so would be out of question, in my opinion.

But what do I know... :D

Um, his statement isn't entirely correct. The title will be ApexDC++ Linux, and the tag shorter.. I'll have to dig out the logs to find the name we agreed on. :D

Um, his statement isn't entirely correct. The title will be ApexDC++ Linux, and the tag shorter.. I'll have to dig out the logs to find the name we agreed on. :D

That incorrectness, is due to me as, i believe we agreed on the name at some point but couldn't remember exactly what we agreed on...

Hope u are making a opclient this time not a semi opclient that u pose as a userclient /regards toast

Hope u are making a opclient this time not a semi opclient that u pose as a userclient /regards toast

It won't be aimed at a 'user client'.

As lee said above (cheers lee tongue.gif) i have volunteered to take a look at the current source and see what i can do. To this end i am afraid i cannot give you much of an update, other then what i have just said. TBH, other things have been going on. I have not been able to have a proper look at the source. However i indend to keep to lee's dead line, which i calculate as 01/11/06 11:53AM BST. smile.gif

its now past that date is there any news please ?

Lee - I've been looking at the apex frontpage, and searched the forum for something called "release announcement"... guess what, no luck.. care for give us a link?