el22or

Linux version?

56 posts in this topic

will linux version be available soon? can we expect it? :)

Port DC++ to linux and sure. :D

Port DC++ to linux and sure. :)

Sure, and lets get the ynhub port to linux... :lol:

while your at it, why not make a chat client for windows mobile that connects to DC networks, so you can check on a hub while your away :-p

while your at it, why not make a chat client for windows mobile that connects to DC networks, so you can check on a hub while your away :-p

Slightly more possible? I don't know how windows mobile works, but it would be possible to "check on a hub while your away" (as to if there is new text etc there) via WAP or whatever.

Port DC++ to linux and sure. B)

There is already LinuxDC++.

And if anyone want this, please check wxwidgets (For developers).

All the DC clients on Linux are really buggy, better of using a Windows emulator or whatever.

Where I can get ApexDC++ to test (and hunt bugs) on Linux?

You can't right now. Wait until mattdev releases a public version. It should be this month or next. ^_^

You can't right now. Wait until mattdev releases a public version. It should be this month or next. ^_^

OK. Thanks.

the actual linux version will it be nearly as good as the windows version im asking for a friend or 2 they run linux

the actual linux version will it be nearly as good as the windows version im asking for a friend or 2 they run linux

Proably not as feature rich as windows version, but remember good is not same as ammount of features.

are you going to give them more features? please no i want them same level so i can say mines better and be totlly lieing

are you going to give them more features? please no i want them same level so i can say mines better and be totlly lieing

read my post again, you'll find your answer in it :D

Okay, Linux... I am finding we do have more than just a couple of users.... most are getting by fine, but they're feeling neglected not get all the attention the windows programs do. I'm sympathetic/jealous/and bewildered all at the same time! I hope they can get better interfacing as maybe that will cut down on the fuss! :P

Having tried Linux on my main PC for a week or two, DC was.... terrible. I found LinuxDC++ to be very limited. From a sharing and OP point of view, it's too limited. If you jsut need to co nnect to a hub to talk and download the occasional file it's ok, but that's about it. I really hope the Apex version will be better (you know it will :P).

Off topic: 300th post. :)

for linuw i have tried Valknut and it's not good and Lopster 2.....i used this one....

Even if it's still a beta version Lopster 2 allows you to download from directconnet and opennap networks at the same time....

yeh Whats the status of the linux version since having to run linux completly for a few weeks now that lack of anything in Linuxdcpp is starting to bug me. Also I have a few friends who run linux and they're most interested also.

ahh cheers I might have a look at that later but I'd still prefer a native linux client cause using wine kind of defeats the purpose of using linux in the firt place

ahh cheers I might have a look at that later but I'd still prefer a native linux client cause using wine kind of defeats the purpose of using linux in the firt place

Unfortunatly Linux is missing out a lot on the application side of things, and seeing as I've even replaced the shell and file manager within Windows which make it very useful.... I'm willing to say with Windows for the moment. Linux is great, but I jsut can't use it due to the lack of applications. For someone which uses Winamp or WMP, explorer (default) shell, and explorer as a filemanangers, it may be fine. Yet, I want foobar2000 (although amaroK wasn't bad - just lacked some stuff I need), Directory Opus the filemanagers for Linux are often more advanced than explorer.... but not dopus, and blackbox (fluxbox is missing bbinterface and tcl4bb). Directory Opus was around on the amiga, they've been doing filemanagers for a long time and incluided (virtually) every feature you could want... this just isn't available yet. So for me, I don't see using Windows programs in Linux as a bad thing, it's only the core of Windows I dislike, the whole methodology that goes with it... it's insecure etc., but I try to strip out anything in Windows which isn't good enough, provided there is better. I do see your point though, and I would like to see a decent DC client that supported Linux natively and not via WINE.