mappy

jmDC

14 posts in this topic

I've tentatively completed my latest project, jmDC. If you have a phone that supports mobile java (J2ME), you now never have to miss another word of NMDC hub chat. : )

I don't have screenshots yet, but please check it out if you have time. It's a fork of a popular java mobile IRC client, source is available under GPLv2. Any suggestions are welcome.

http://code.google.com/p/jmdc/

I've tentatively completed my latest project, jmDC. If you have a phone that supports mobile java (J2ME), you now never have to miss another word of NMDC hub chat. : )

I don't have screenshots yet, but please check it out if you have time. It's a fork of a popular java mobile IRC client, source is available under GPLv2. Any suggestions are welcome.

http://code.google.com/p/jmdc/

Coming up with some nice work mappy. :)

Toast: I should have known that would be the first suggestion rolleyes.gif

As long as i don't use ADC personally, it's unlikely it'll be in any of my projects, but feel free to put it in yourself (or convince me to transition my hubs and rewrite all my bots, scripts, apps, ...)

Lee: Thank you biggrin.gif

Well aslong as your totally aware of that less n less functions are going to be ported and that DC++ will drop NMDC support in the future so its worth while investing time into learning the new protocol plus you have us at DCDev for any additional questions

DC++ will drop NMDC support in the future

I know ADC is the future and all development happens there... but there's pretty sizable NMDC infrastructure still out there (i realise i'm contributing to this situation).

Is there a timeline for DC++ dropping NMDC?

Dropping NMDC support must be the dumbiest idea of DC history. It's like that M$ dropped support for mobile OS lower than Windows Phone 7 in their Visual Studio 2010 excusing it by saying it's "progression" :blink:

Most users will keep using the most recent version capable of NMDC, is all I can tell you (plus, derived clients will probably still have NMDC support distracting the users from DC++). This version of DC++ will be around for many years just as oDC 5.31 was.

Well as soon as there is hubsoft on the adc side that can handle the same volumes as NMDC softs can iirc thats all arne wants.. Mek keep it too yourself please..

Mek keep it too yourself please..

If you don't like other people's opinions, I don't think this forum is the place for you. :lol:

then delete me dumb**** cause you know this also since its been said in dcdev priv many times over but i guess you only wanna seem smart here at this forum so do me a favor stop being such a pussy

you just keep doing your little toolbar thingy and let the big boys do the planning and development thats probly better..

@mek: the move to drop NMDC isnt mine its most of dcdev with arnetheduck at the top that made this decision so if you have a better plan for direct connect then the guy that actually made the client that took dc into mainstream then please show and present your ideas cause you seem to have alot of em

if you have a better plan for direct connect then the guy that actually made the client that took dc into mainstream then please show and present your ideas cause you seem to have alot of em

Hi... I'm not a major client developer or anything, but no matter how badly the protocol was "designed", it has a ginormous user base and it can't be disposed of that trivially. I would really like to hear what arnetheduck has to say on the matter..

What I would like to see for NMDC is the protocol documented in a IETF RFC - of all the hundreds of implementations, it's impossible to set the record straight, but we can at least set it "firmly crooked". As a text-based internet protocol that was used first and documented second, it seems to sit well with other RFC "standards" like HTTP.

I might sit in on dcdev for a while

then delete me dumb**** cause you know this also since its been said in dcdev priv many times over but i guess you only wanna seem smart here at this forum so do me a favor stop being such a pussy

you just keep doing your little toolbar thingy and let the big boys do the planning and development thats probly better..

Everytime you get disciplined on here you go cry to dcdev like a little bitch. When I demoted you as a tester you stated you'd never login again. Stick to that and stop logging into these forums - I ain't interested in arguments every few weeks.

If the "big boy" league is so wonderful, why do you come on here? Go back to it and leave us in peace.

mappy: My original thoughts were that NMDC should be dropped to move people over, but this would probably hinder the process instead.

Everytime you get disciplined on here you go cry to dcdev like a little bitch. When I demoted you as a tester you stated you'd never login again. Stick to that and stop logging into these forums - I ain't interested in arguments every few weeks.

Not once have I stated I'm in this so called "big boy" league, so drop that.

You dropped me you diluted piece of **** you didnt do **** i quit thats what happened if you think anything less then your a sick ****.. as for me not logging in well thats cause you censor everything that not in fitting too your goddamn forum im guessing that you will do that here too, but atleast im not considered a jerkoff like you in dcdev.. so lee go back too your little toolbar thingy and think you hold any power to change things.. as for me speaking my mind guess what ill just continue to do that cant really stop me..

You dropped me you diluted piece of **** you didnt do **** i quit thats what happened if you think anything less then your a sick ****.. as for me not logging in well thats cause you censor everything that not in fitting too your goddamn forum im guessing that you will do that here too, but atleast im not considered a jerkoff like you in dcdev.. so lee go back too your little toolbar thingy and think you hold any power to change things.. as for me speaking my mind guess what ill just continue to do that cant really stop me..

Guides, toolbar, no power, same recycled garbage from you Toast. Learn to counter-argue next time. If I'm still censoring then you shouldn't be logging in.

Looks like you already went crying to iceman.

Anyway enough. Speak your mind where you might be wanted - because it's not here.