Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
privatemeta

Malware Warning for older Setup File

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know this is an older version of the Apex Setup, but I wanted to share this anyway.

My latest Microsoft Security Essentials Version reported Malware in the setup files with the versions 1.3.8 and 1.3.9, named "Win32/OpenCandy". As the version is fairly recent however, I just wanted to report it in case you want to avoid false positives in the future, or maybe you included something like that by accident.

OpenCandy was in the installer by intention. It let the user choose if he wanted to install it with ApexDC++ anyway.

Read more here.

Hi,

I know this is an older version of the Apex Setup, but I wanted to share this anyway.

My latest Microsoft Security Essentials Version reported Malware in the setup files with the versions 1.3.8 and 1.3.9, named "Win32/OpenCandy". As the version is fairly recent however, I just wanted to report it in case you want to avoid false positives in the future, or maybe you included something like that by accident.

Thanks for bringing this up privatemeta. I wanted to address this at some point. OpenCandy was our integrated engine for 1.3.9 and below, but they have had trouble with security companies and false positive reports. This is one of the reasons we decided to move towards Conduit. :)

I would suggest using the slim downloads for previous versions if you don't want to use the OpenCandy engine.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0