Lee

Released: 1.4.2... country flags are back!

17 posts in this topic

After a few of our members asked for the old user country flags back (pictured below), Mek has worked hard on updating them for us in his spare time.

We have updated the LuaPlugin to use LuaJIT (provides considerable performance increase) and our setup now downloads the latest GeoIP database before installing. The randomised chunk distribution is now optional and can be activated in the Settings - Downloads/Queue area below. We suggest you enable this if you want to spread a new file across multiple users faster (like uTorrent).

Find out what else has changed in this version.

Download: ApexDC++ 1.4.2

Boeolermep likes this

http://sourceforge.net/projects/apexdc/files/ApexDC%2B%2B/1.4.1/ApexDC%2B%2B_1.4.1_setup.exe/download

Lee can you update the Download link?

Whoops, fixed. :P

Hi Plugins for latest release unrar with zero file size - please fix - Thank Tou

Thank you for update!

Ability to turn off random segments selection is very useful, because it's almost impossible to preview video files when this feature is turned on :)

Can you update the "What else has changed" link too please?

Has been sorted. I have uploaded some of the new translations available. :)

We will be pushing existing 1.3.9 users to upgrade later today (due to security updates in 1.4.1).

Can you specify what could be wrong with it? I used it to upgrade and didn't get any problems.

Yes, it's broken. Extracted files have 0 size and are extracted with errors.

Same problem was reported with the plugins archive, however, repackaging caused the same result. Also interestingly enough I am able to exact the files fine...

Just to let everyone know the following translations have been made available for 1.4.2:

• German
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Romanian
  • Italian
  • Slovak
  • Spanish
  • Brazilian Portuguese

If your language has not been updated yet and you'd like to help out, please send me a PM. :)

Hi Plugins for latest release unrar with zero file size - please fix - Thank Tou

I had the same probem. The latest 7Z archives for plugins and slim installer need 7ZIP to unpack them, My WINRAR 3.51 can't open these. I installed the latest version 9.20 of 7ZIP and all is well.

After a few of our members asked for the old user country flags back (pictured below), Mek has worked hard on updating them for us in his spare time.

flags.png

We have updated the LuaPlugin to use LuaJIT (provides considerable performance increase) and our setup now downloads the latest GeoIP database before installing. The randomised chunk distribution is now optional and can be activated in the Settings - Downloads/Queue area below. We suggest you enable this if you want to spread a new file across multiple users faster (like uTorrent).

randomsegments.png

Find out what else has changed in this version.

Download: ApexDC++ 1.4.2

Hello

I have just updated from ver 1.3.5 to 1.4.2 using the slim installer (manually replacing the files). Everything is working OK, I have activated the new randomised chunk distribution option, but I am not seeing any country flags in the download / upload queue. I downloaded and installed the latest GEO-IP database and "show user country" is enabled in settings - appearance - options. Any ideas? I am using the 32 bit version on WinXP SP3.

Thanks

Tony J

I had the same probem. The latest 7Z archives for plugins and slim installer need 7ZIP to unpack them, My WINRAR 3.51 can't open these. I installed the latest version 9.20 of 7ZIP and all is well.

Upgrade to the latest WinRAR and it will work correctly. We are using LZMA2 compression, which WinRAR 3.91+ can read. Alternatively you can use 7-zip 9.20 (it's free).

I have just updated from ver 1.3.5 to 1.4.2 using the slim installer (manually replacing the files). Everything is working OK, I have activated the new randomised chunk distribution option, but I am not seeing any country flags in the download / upload queue. I downloaded and installed the latest GEO-IP database and "show user country" is enabled in settings - appearance - options. Any ideas? I am using the 32 bit version on WinXP SP3.

Do the country flags display in the userlist? If not, make sure you have placed the GeoIP database into the ApexDC++ root directory. :)

Upgrade to the latest WinRAR and it will work correctly. We are using LZMA2 compression, which WinRAR 3.91+ can read. Alternatively you can use 7-zip 9.20 (it's free).

Do the country flags display in the userlist? If not, make sure you have placed the GeoIP database into the ApexDC++ root directory. :)

Hi Lee

Thanks for the update on the 7Z compression method. My WinRAR is quite old so I guess I should update it ;)but, as you said &ZIP is free. About the GEO-IP Database file, mine was in the settings folder (where it was when this feature last worked). I moved it to the ApecDC++ root folder as you said and it is now working, thanks!

For the benefit of new users (and those like me who had forgotten), the country flag appears in thw IP field in both the transfers pane and the hub userlists when the users IP is known and in the database.

Thanks Lee

Tony J

Hi Lee

Thanks for the update on the 7Z compression method. My WinRAR is quite old so I guess I should update it ;)but, as you said &ZIP is free. About the GEO-IP Database file, mine was in the settings folder (where it was when this feature last worked). I moved it to the ApecDC++ root folder as you said and it is now working, thanks!

For the benefit of new users (and those like me who had forgotten), the country flag appears in thw IP field in both the transfers pane and the hub userlists when the users IP is known and in the database.

Thanks Lee

Tony J

... One small "bug" I noticed, if I run the mouse pointer over the IP address in either the transfers window or hub user list the text (country code and IP address) temporarily turns to a blank white box and stays like that until refreshing the window. The flag icon is not affected.

Tony J