Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeathStalker77

1st Apex 0.2.0 Crash =(

43 posts in this topic

Maybe pop up baloon cant show such a long text and it crashed. Though peerweb was able to show in pop up baloon long messages.

Can we have your dcplusplus.xml file please?

I think i have a possible clue, if the messages are as long as i think they are

I just double-checked my settings and I did have Show Preview Of Private Message On Popup checked - didn't think I did. I've uncheck it now, let's see if we get a crash.

The crash is prevented by disabling the popup on new PM. We'll look into why it's crashing and provide a fix (hopefully).

That doesn't help at all. What hub were you in, what PM did you receive?

I don't know because I weren't at home, when I get home just saw the crash report and apex is closed, sorry.

What's the problem wiht rapidshare? I have to wait another 20min to upload it again :D

I have to wait 30 mins to download. Does megaupload make you wait 20 mins?

It's not that important anyway, since we already know which feature is causing the crash.

My ApexDC++_0.2.0 is crashed... on connection start....

Code: c0000005

Version: 0.2.0

Major: 5

Minor: 1

Build: 2600

SP: 2

Type: 1

Time: 2006-08-13 21:42:17

TTH: 5FC7C6TKY4DJBVMWNFZGQI4WUUSFAJUMYAJLJDA

0x0012EF62: ?

ApexDC!0x006363D4: adc_disconnectstr

ApexDC!0x00496200: [thunk]:PopupManager::`vector deleting destructor'

0xFFFF97E8: ?

exceptioninfo.txt

similar crash appeared in rmDC++ long time ago. It happened when PM > 255 chars became, but the buffer to display PM in balloon has only 255 bytes long. So it caused buffer overrun.

My ApexDC++_0.2.0 is crashed... on connection start....

Code: c0000005

Version: 0.2.0

Major: 5

Minor: 1

Build: 2600

SP: 2

Type: 1

Time: 2006-08-13 21:42:17

TTH: 5FC7C6TKY4DJBVMWNFZGQI4WUUSFAJUMYAJLJDA

0x0012EF62: ?

ApexDC!0x006363D4: adc_disconnectstr

ApexDC!0x00496200: [thunk]:PopupManager::`vector deleting destructor'

0xFFFF97E8: ?

exceptioninfo.txt

Just some input on this crash for the developers. I 've had it happen 4 times & always the same way. I minimize apex to system tray then lock computer. Come back some hours later & logon & get crash. I no it happens when I log in because check logs & they were still updating til I logged in. I had popups ticked for pm's & new pm's. I've un-ticked all popup options & so far have not had crash after logging twice under same conditions. So I believe is popup option problem.

So I believe is popup option problem.

Yep, we know. ;)

Thought I'd provide some input on the problem, too.

To me it seems the same error, the "vector deleting destructor" problem. My ApexDC crashed once when I received two simultaneous VERY LONG messages (as in a lot more than 255 characters) from the robots of two hubs from the same network. A second time I received it when I received a message just like before, but I was also opening a new hub window... it must have been a split of a second between these evets (new hub window preceding).

I did have the option of popup balloons trned on, however my ApexDC was not minimized, and therefore no balloon should have been shown. Are you sure that if the "Show only when minimized" option is set, NOTHING related to pop-ups happens ?

Thought I'd provide some input on the problem, too.

To me it seems the same error, the "vector deleting destructor" problem. My ApexDC crashed once when I received two simultaneous VERY LONG messages (as in a lot more than 255 characters) from the robots of two hubs from the same network. A second time I received it when I received a message just like before, but I was also opening a new hub window... it must have been a split of a second between these evets (new hub window preceding).

I did have the option of popup balloons trned on, however my ApexDC was not minimized, and therefore no balloon should have been shown. Are you sure that if the "Show only when minimized" option is set, NOTHING related to pop-ups happens ?

0.2.1 fixes this bug, don't need to report anymore. :)