Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xsensor

Network/Connectivity Issues

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

ok ill give you specs on my computer when someone replies this post, but i think this is straight-foward and a general problem most people might run into. At first when i installed everything worked perfectly but now when i connect, my hubs start disconnecting and i get error messages such as "remote host has closed" or "connection has been closed by the remote host". . Also if the hubs are operating smoothly, and i begin to dl, my speed would be optimal for every connection i open but then after 5 minutes all my connection speeds start to drop until they go below 500bits/sec.

If anyone has ever had this problem or any technical support mods that can help me with this problem please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

-- edit --

after looking at some threads i think its very possible that my ISP is throttling my activity. im trying to port forward but hopes have been shot down from my attempts of solving this problem with a port forward. when i enter ideal ports to forward with my LAN address being correct, it says "entered illegal port". I am using a SMC8041WG router that was provided by my ISP. I am guessing that the router's software/hardware is configured in favour of the ISP.

Please take sometime to guide me through this !

which are the "ideal ports"?

which are the "ideal ports"?

while i was searching around, i came across some ports that torrent users were suggested to use. 49152-60000 because these are private ports? not too sure but if you would care to share insight.

right now i am still trying to port forward but it keeps giving me an error of "Illegal Port!"

im sure you have had many people complaining about this. i'll be looking into some guides and more support threads but please take some time to help me or can you please direct me to a place where i can find a solution

using 60000 will not work on any machine since last port is 56553..

basically a simple guide to how to configure any dc client

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/webhelp/index.html

using 60000 will not work on any machine since last port is 56553..

basically a simple guide to how to configure any dc client

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/webhelp/index.html

thanks for taking some time to show me some guides. ive read some of them specifically the configurations but i am still trying to find some more direct answers/solutions for this issue. under the throttling, all it says is "if my ISP is throttling, there is nothing more you can do" but im sure some technically inclined users have found ways to bypass it, other than encryption.

any more advice?

It does not really matter which port numbers you use as long as they are not the same for TCP or UDP.

For example, set 56000 as your both TCP and UDP port, and 56001 for TLS/TCP and DHT/UDP port, then forward ports 56000 and 56001 (both of them TCP and UDP) in your router. If you are getting "Illegal port" that might be some sort of throttling based on ISP-customized firmware of your router. It's really weird anyway, never seen such an issue.

Also, have you tried rebooting your router? Have you tried using the uPnP connection setting? (that should take care of the port forwarding itself).

If your ISP is throttling dc communication you can't avoid that by different ports. Enabling TLS is only way how to avoid that, but of course if isp is not throttling TLS connections too. If you want play with ports then try something from range 1025 to 32761 (higher ports not working with all clients). TCP and UDP can have same port number, TLS must have another port than TCP. And don't listen to Toast, he don't know basics like that max port is 65535 :)

hey ppk go **** ya self if you worked as much as i did at all you wouldnt be trollin you unemployed ****tard

besides ppk atleast i dont go around trying to assume copyright over stuff that i didnt create :) you coward!! we all know that your try last time was a epic failure and a total lolcoster so excuse the **** outta me for mixxing up the numbers for highest port in anycase why the **** would someone run a client on those high ports anyways even if they are unused mostly..

hey ppk go **** ya self if you worked as much as i did at all you wouldnt be trollin you unemployed ****tard

besides ppk atleast i dont go around trying to assume copyright over stuff that i didnt create :) you coward!! we all know that your try last time was a epic failure

This has nothing to do with helping the original poster. Both of you should reframe from posting in here if you're more interested in petty personal disagreements.

This has nothing to do with helping the original poster. Both of you should reframe from posting in here if you're more interested in petty personal disagreements.

haha i dont mind, its humourous, and a little cute. but i do agree with lee, focus people! this is very important to me, i need DC very much so. its really fustrating to know that ISPs are so invasive with bandwidth usage, my ISP is making plenty of money. i researched a bit and read posts about how in the near future, ISP's in north america are trying to regulate the internet usage by a profiting scheme...but for now id just like to prolong my own connection as long as possible. ok this TLS...is similar to SSL servers? can someone provide me with guides/website where i can read about TLS and how to use it into DC? by the way, no matter what i try to do, i cannot forward the ports...i believe its all a part of the ISPs operation to control and monitor the bandwidth. i guess TLS or any other forms of network connection encryption is my only option. please continue to offer suggestions!!!!!

another issue now, i think its related to this throttling. i'm getting auto-disconnected from hubs with the error message..." An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine" =(

haha i dont mind, its humourous, and a little cute. but i do agree with lee, focus people! this is very important to me, i need DC very much so. its really fustrating to know that ISPs are so invasive with bandwidth usage, my ISP is making plenty of money. i researched a bit and read posts about how in the near future, ISP's in north america are trying to regulate the internet usage by a profiting scheme...but for now id just like to prolong my own connection as long as possible. ok this TLS...is similar to SSL servers? can someone provide me with guides/website where i can read about TLS and how to use it into DC? by the way, no matter what i try to do, i cannot forward the ports...i believe its all a part of the ISPs operation to control and monitor the bandwidth. i guess TLS or any other forms of network connection encryption is my only option. please continue to offer suggestions!!!!!

Are you able to upgrade tthe firmware of your router? If yes, it would replace the ISP's customized firmware with the official one from router manufacturer. This one should allow you to forward the ports you need.

another issue now, i think its related to this throttling. i'm getting auto-disconnected from hubs with the error message..." An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine" =(

may be...

Here is the guide Xsensor, but you're still required to forward the TLS port as a TCP port. So I would suggest what Mek said.

It was nothing personal from my side, toast give wrong info about ports and i'm corrected that.

besides ppk atleast i dont go around trying to assume copyright over stuff that i didnt create :) you coward!! we all know that your try last time was a epic failure and a total lolcoster so excuse the **** outta me for mixxing up the numbers for highest port in anycase why the **** would someone run a client on those high ports anyways even if they are unused mostly..

1 ) i'm not unemployed.

2 ) trolling everywhere without creating anything and without any knowledge is what you do.

3 ) i'm developing dc++ based client from spring 2002 and BM used is as base for his client (original name of Strongdc++ was BigCZDC++, but of course you are dc newbie and don't know that), and my code is used by StrongDC++ and his mods.

4 ) it was not epic failure, it was funny to see StrongDC++ project removed from sourceforge for week when all what BM needed to do was to send one email to get it back without explaining anything :lol:

It was nothing personal from my side, toast give wrong info about ports and i'm corrected that.

1 ) i'm not unemployed.

2 ) trolling everywhere without creating anything and without any knowledge is what you do.

3 ) i'm developing dc++ based client from spring 2002 and BM used is as base for his client (original name of Strongdc++ was BigCZDC++, but of course you are dc newbie and don't know that), and my code is used by StrongDC++ and his mods.

4 ) it was not epic failure, it was funny to see StrongDC++ project removed from sourceforge for week when all what BM needed to do was to send one email to get it back without explaining anything :lol:

Oh great, DC people fail to move on these days.

Closed before more shit hits the fan.