Peetboy

Upload progress will show requested segment size rather than total filesize

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I see people on my hub complaining that this is very confusing and I think the same. I don't know how much of upload remains. For example some people don't want to quit from hub if they see somebody downloading from them. So they are so kind that they stay online for the time when upload finish. Now there is no information about when upload finish.

Hi, I see people on my hub complaining that this is very confusing and I think the same. I don't know how much of upload remains. For example some people don't want to quit from hub if they see somebody downloading from them. So they are so kind that they stay online for the time when upload finish. Now there is no information about when upload finish.

Yeah, the reason for this is the random segmentation approach. It's not possible to determine how much the uploader has currently, but we'll look into it for 2.0.

Because it's not possible to get when upload really finishes. What if user is downloading a file from more users?

Because it's not possible to get when upload really finishes. What if user is downloading a file from more users?

The only way to truly know when a user completes a download is when he stops requesting it from you.

Yeah, I was discussing this issue before as well. Anyway, as others already wrote, it is impossible to implement any other behavior.

I thought that downloading client send info to uploading client about how much data are already downloaded.

I thought that downloading client send info to uploading client about how much data are already downloaded.

Nope, just what segment they are after. It could be modified to send total data downloaded too, to help in this situation.

It could be modified to send total data downloaded too, to help in this situation.

Please, do :)