Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zeraph

Help Connection problem

14 posts in this topic

Hallo. I updatet my APex-Softzware today from version 1.3.5 to 1.3.8. Since then i could not connect to other users with the same version. If the other user uses an older version or an other client I cann still connect.

Is ther mayby a new setting which I didn't found or does anybody have the same problems?

I run Apex on a Windows 7 system.

Hope you can help me.

Hi there,

Please make sure you forward your TLS port as well:

I was using the same port for all protocols. After I saw your picture I changed this, but nothing happened. I still could not connect to the users who use the newest Apex version like I do. All other work fine only to them I could not connect. In the attachment you can see my new settings. I also changed the settings in the router, so that this can not be the cause of the problem.

post-25493-043058400 1289695244_thumb.jp

In Settings - Advanced - Security - uncheck the first of three checkboxes and then everything should be working.

I unchecked the given checkbox, but it's still the same like before.

What happens when you run older version? I'm thinking it might be other users fault... they have configured their connection correctly.

After I completly uninstalled Apex und reinstalled the Version 1.3.5 I can't connect to any User. I made the same settings as before, but now I could not connect I only can connect to the Hub, which runs on the same PC. But then it stops. I don't know what I've done wrong now. It's all set up like before and now nothing works. I don't understand this.

After I completly uninstalled Apex und reinstalled the Version 1.3.5 I can't connect to any User. I made the same settings as before, but now I could not connect I only can connect to the Hub, which runs on the same PC. But then it stops. I don't know what I've done wrong now. It's all set up like before and now nothing works. I don't understand this.

What does the connection test state?

The connection test didn't work. But this is like it always was. Mayby it is because I'm sitting in Germany and not in America. The connection test also didn't work, when my port forwarding was properly set up.

The connection test didn't work. But this is like it always was. Mayby it is because I'm sitting in Germany and not in America. The connection test also didn't work, when my port forwarding was properly set up.

Then it is not properly set up. ;)

So. I reinstalled my whole system and now it works fine. I don't know what the failure was.

@Lee: I made the connection test which is offered in Apex. In the attachment you find the answer of the tester. This test was performed after I saw that all works fine again.

@all: Thanks for your help.

post-25493-021938500 1289840113_thumb.jp

Well, if you don't pass the connection test, you probably are still able to work in passive mode.

Hi Mek.

I don't need to use the passive mode, because my port forwarding works. Only the connection test shows an failure. But there is non.  I don't know why, but all of the apex-users in our network get still the massage, that their connection is not properly set up, but it works.

Maybe the reason is an other router which we don't have to pass when we want to share inside our intra-net.

Maybe the reason is an other router which we don't have to pass when we want to share inside our intra-net.

Exactly ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0