Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrmb

how do I turn a hubs user list back on and other things

4 posts in this topic

I feel really stupid asking this question. I know I turned the user list off in the hub view a while ago, but I can't figure how to turn it back on. I don't know if its just late Friday and I'm blind...?

Reason why: I've this user that asks for 10 TTH things per second, I guess files I dont have. It causes ApexDC to go 50-80% CPU all the time, and there seems to be no way to ban a user. I can disconnect him, but a few minutes later it starts again. Its going on for hours now.

That leads to the next annoying thing, ApexDC seems to reset its priority back to normal all the time. If I decide in the task manager that an app should run in low priority I'd like that being respected.

Now just to list all the things that bother me, why does ApexDC use so much CPU time? I thought its super optimized? My emule/utorrent upload 3x as much each, but use only 1/3 or 1/10 of the CPU time. Kinda disappointing.

That's it, I love everything else about ApexDC, and thats really alot :)

Hey,

There should be a checkbox where the userlist used to be at the bottom to enable it again. Not sure about the TTH requesting, maybe find out what client he is using and ask him to monitor it. If it's a particular file, you could always unshare it :)

CPU usage is very good for me when transferring... seems to be the TTH issue. How many hubs are you in?

Wow I didn't noticed the checkbox, but I guess I must have pushed it at least once.

The user with the endless TTH requests hasn't come back yet, I tried to msg him, but that failed. For now I just disconnected from his hub and it was quit.

For the CPU load, I'm on about 20 hubs, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, at night time when its quiet and nobody transfers the load is 1%. At daytime with 20mbit transfers (uploads only) its 20-30%. I set maximum compression to 0 already, else it would close to 80%. Encryption isn't used by most clients, and I/O shouldn't cause CPU use. Well, maybe its protocol overhead. Or maybe a 2.4ghz P4 is just old and slow :) But again other P2P clients do more traffic with much less CPU. Maybe on a long winter night I compile it and run it in the profiler...

Thanks for the checkbox help again :)

Wow I didn't noticed the checkbox, but I guess I must have pushed it at least once.

The user with the endless TTH requests hasn't come back yet, I tried to msg him, but that failed. For now I just disconnected from his hub and it was quit.

For the CPU load, I'm on about 20 hubs, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, at night time when its quiet and nobody transfers the load is 1%. At daytime with 20mbit transfers (uploads only) its 20-30%. I set maximum compression to 0 already, else it would close to 80%. Encryption isn't used by most clients, and I/O shouldn't cause CPU use. Well, maybe its protocol overhead. Or maybe a 2.4ghz P4 is just old and slow :) But again other P2P clients do more traffic with much less CPU. Maybe on a long winter night I compile it and run it in the profiler...

Thanks for the checkbox help again :)

I'll do some tests on a fast connection and see if it's the cause.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0