Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldindian

download pause

23 posts in this topic

One feature that I always thought would be great in any dc++ client , would be for the ability to pause downloading. It would be a most helpful thing for some of us who maybe don't have the best of high speed connections, or have an isp that caps your bandwitdh......something to consider!

Peace

the Oldindian

Download Queue Tab:

Right click on the item or folder and click 'Select Priority' and you'll find 'Paused' in there :D

In the future I want the ability to pause, resume, remove user from queue, and disconnect user in the right click menu of the transfer view. That would reduce the confusion for new users.

Good. It is things jsut like this that need to be added to the guides by the way, in my opinion. Seeing as the Guide/CHM/whatever is being included with ApexDC++ should be targetted at new users it should show simple things like this that people just don't know about.

In the future I want the ability to pause, resume, remove user from queue, and disconnect user in the right click menu of the transfer view. That would reduce the confusion for new users.

remove user from queue, and disconnect user: good idea.

pause, resume: pause is easy but resume is bit trickier as tranferview is "cleaning" itself up periodically :)

How do you mean?

All it would require is a "Resume with Priority" menu within the right click menu, from which they can select the priority as in the downloads queue window? Or the resume button would just download with the previously selected priority or auto/normal.

Meh, I don 't think I understood what you meant.

How do you mean?

All it would require is a "Resume with Priority" menu within the right click menu, from which they can select the priority as in the downloads queue window? Or the resume button would just download with the previously selected priority or auto/normal.

Meh, I don 't think I understood what you meant.

as tranferview is "cleaning" itself up periodically :)

That makes no sense to me. Well maybe it does, but not in relation to how this makes the feature harder? :S

That makes no sense to me. Well maybe it does, but not in relation to how this makes the feature harder? :S

it makes adding resume option harder as paused downloads are automatically cleaned from transferview after some time, so you would have to go to download queue to resume them (ofcourse it can be done so that paused dl's will remain on transferview, but it would ofcourse cause aditional work for me) In reality i don't know yet how will i do with this request at all, maybe i'll figure out the resume thingy or maybe not we will see.

Resume should be on Normal priority, otherwise it maybe too difficult to implement.

Edit: If the file disappears off the transfer view due to it being 'cleaned', then it should stay on Paused until the user Resumes it via the Download Queue.

Edit: If the file disappears off the transfer view due to it being 'cleaned', then it should stay on Paused until the user Resumes it via the Download Queue.

i like the sound of that, means less work for me :)

Edit: nice avatar Grogs.

i like the sound of that, means less work for me :)

Edit: nice avatar Grogs.

This way it will only display active downloads on the Transfer View, keeping it clean.

Having a Pause button in the right-click menu on the Transfers section would prove to be useful I think. Resuming via Downloads Queue shouldn't be too much of a problem.

PS. Thanks Crise, some old fractal. :P

Aren't remove and disconect options on right click already in peerweb or you mean something else. Sorry I'm quite a bigginer and may be I'm wrong.

Aren't remove and disconect options on right click already in peerweb or you mean something else. Sorry I'm quite a bigginer and may be I'm wrong.

Close Connection and Remove User from Queue are, but I want it like this:

Remove

• User from queue

• File from queue

Pause/Resume File

Disconnect User (Close connection can be confusing)

Yes, such pause is in Phantom DC, too.

Yes, such pause is in Phantom DC, too.

Phantom DC++ is no longer developed, and therefore has outdated code. :)

Yes, but as you said in the other topic (I know, the profi mode is link, but the topic about plug-ins), you have the contact details of the author and we suspect him in working over a new version.

And what you mean with "outdated"? Date of expiry? Like with food, the code is not good anymore? :) Because it's really annoying to manage the files now - you have to either delete the file from the queue, or to wait till it's ready.

Edited by Zlobomir

Yes, but as you said in the other topic (I know, the profi mode is link, but the topic about plug-ins), you have the contact details of the author and we suspect him in working over a new version.

And what you mean with "outdated"? Date of expiry? Like with food, the code is not good anymore? :) Because it's really annoying to manage the files now - you have to either delete the file from the queue, or to wait till it's ready.

by outdated he means that it (.PhantomDC++) is based on 0.306 version of DC++ (i think) and most current release version is 0.687... so the code is really outdated :unsure:

Isn't it possible to take this particular part of the code and to try? You are the experts, but this seems not connected with Unicode and other changes. Are there any obvious reasons that it would not work...?

Edited by Zlobomir

Isn't it possible to take this particular part of the code and to try? You are the experts, but this seems not connected with Unicode and other changes. Are there any obvious reasons that it would not work...?

first of all we are not the experts, people like BM, PPK and armethduck are the experts, and let's not forget the others either (i could continue the list a lot further)

and the unicode isn't a problem and neither are most of the other changes, i'll take look into this but i ain't promissing anything

There should be no problem adding an priority system in Transferview, actually good idea, probably gonna do it myself, some day when I get the time.

Anyways, using an other once code is never an good thing, if you don't personalize it :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0