Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

DHT transfers

8 posts in this topic

Just a simple thought: when someone from DHT is leeching you (or vice-versa), some context menu entries should be disabled or removed; for example Send PM, where currently a PM window appears but does not allow sending any messages.

Just a simple thought: when someone from DHT is leeching you (or vice-versa), some context menu entries should be disabled or removed; for example Send PM, where currently a PM window appears but does not allow sending any messages.

Agreed. I remember Crise saying there was some message code commented out though, which might mean Big Muscle is working on that.

PMs over DHT were supposed to work, but I disabled this feature later, because I haven't found any possibility to avoid PM spam.

PMs over DHT were supposed to work, but I disabled this feature later, because I haven't found any possibility to avoid PM spam.

Well there probably isn't one... I mean the only options I can think of are interval and word based filters on the receiving side (the later would obviously have to be manually configurable).

Possibilities:

• Limit number of characters per message
  • Only a limited number of messages per minute
  • No weblinks
  • reCAPTCHA authorisation before sending a message

Possibilities:

• reCAPTCHA authorisation before sending a message

How would you make this work in practice...

Ok, but is not fair to disable PM over DHT, you must add some feature options-protections in client regarding spamming, maybe some lua scripts, but please dont DISABLE PM, find a solution keeping private message over dht.

If I want to chat with the users over DHT how am I supposed to do that?

Best regards!

Edited by Dreamlander

Ok, but is not fair to disable PM over DHT, you must add some feature options-protections in client regarding spamming, maybe some lua scripts, but please dont DISABLE PM, find a solution keeping private message over dht.

If I want to chat with the users over DHT how am I supposed to do that?

Best regards!

In agreement with this, but there needs to be a system to stop spam before allowing it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0