Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
horus22

ApexDC++ and Win7 huge problem

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have this problem since I've switched to Win7 x64. ApexDC++ has a huge lag when trying to maximize it, it feels like the PC does not have enough processing power to get the application to work in realtime.

It takes minutes of waiting for ApexDC++ to maximize. I'm only connected to 24 hubs, barely uploading, not downloading at all, and after 10mins it still did not maximize, as you can see in the picture that I've attached.

[i did not clear the windows nor the buttons, it's Apex's lagging behaviour when trying to maximize it]

I remember that 1.3.1/1.3.2/1.3.3/1.3.4/1.3.5 reacted the same, so it's not a glitch related to 1.3.5 only or something like that. Don't know anything about pre-1.3.1 versions, but I believe that they react the same.

Switching from Aero to Basic theme has no impact.

Funny thing is that this problem doesn't appear in WinXP, not even when connecting to more than 100 hubs.

My PC is has an Intel Quad Q8300 CPU, 8GB DDR2, 2x HDDs, etc. I use Win7 x64 Professional. I used ApexDC++ 1.3.1-1.3.5 x86.

Any advice?

post-9396-000547600 1281468612_thumb.jpg

Hi horus22,

Are you hashing when ApexDC++ is open?

It feels very odd, even with 10 hubs or less, when I maximize it, I can see how each window frame is being rendered[in XP, it was extremely fast, this "rendering" did not happen even with 100 hubs connected], I see the UL/DL counters speeding up, and showing past values, trying to get to work in realtime, and other similar things.

I remember several times I encountered this behavior in the past. However, when clicking a hub tab (or where it was supposed to be), everything went back to normal. So it must have been something with the GUI, not that the mashine wouldnt't have the processing power... However, the GUI is going to be rewritten, hopefully fixing such artifacts...

I tried but clicking on the hub taps, but it doesn't solve the problem.

IMHO, this is not an artifact, it really behaves like it doesn't have enough resources...even though it does.

sooo, this has to be some another problem... just behaves in a similar way.

I've tried it and it's no difference.

I'm not sure why this is the case then horus22. Maybe wait till our GUI has been completely re-written to wxwidgets and test it. Unless Big Muscle you have some advice? :)

Thank you guys, for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

Big Muscle's advice is very good, indeed, I haven't thought of it before, and I will try it right away.

Offtopic: It seems that you are working hard for the new version. Please consider my ideea of saving the session, it would be very helpful to reconnect to the same hubs as last time, to have the filelists expanded at the same folder as last time, and to have the old searches/search results displayed, especially when you were in the middle of a larger download session that included multiple filelists/users.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0