Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psytrip

License

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

First I want to apologize if I'm in the wrong section but my questions on the topic is precisely GNU/Linux.

I would like to modify some of your emoticon packs (particularly Nerdcore, PeerWeb, Skype and RadoX) to be compatible with EiskaltDC++ because ApexDC++ is the most popular client in MS Windows. ApexDC++ is licensed under GPL 2, but I can't find license and copyright for the emoticons (only Skype emo pack have). My question is: Can I post my modification under GPL 2 or later

Best regards,

PsyTrip

Hi psytrip,

I'm the author of the PeerWeb smileys. I'm completely fine with you using them for whatever use you may have as long as the 'PeerWeb' name stays.

Thank you Sarevok, I will keep the names, I hope there is no problem if they are with small letters like nerdcore, peerweb, skype and radox because Linux is case sensitive.

GPL 2 not GPL 3 since the initial license is for GPL 2 an license update can only be done if the inital author agrees to it

Thank you Sarevok, I will keep the names, I hope there is no problem if they are with small letters like nerdcore, peerweb, skype and radox because Linux is case sensitive.

Just to confirm (yes, might be a little late). Sarevok created the PeerWeb images only, and you should contact other authors before changing the pack.

Hello everyone,

First I want to apologize if I'm in the wrong section but my questions on the topic is precisely GNU/Linux.

I would like to modify some of your emoticon packs (particularly Nerdcore, PeerWeb, Skype and RadoX) to be compatible with EiskaltDC++ because ApexDC++ is the most popular client in MS Windows. ApexDC++ is licensed under GPL 2, but I can't find license and copyright for the emoticons (only Skype emo pack have). My question is: Can I post my modification under GPL 2 or later

Best regards,

PsyTrip

Sorry for the delay, but I give permission to use the Nerdcore icon set. Let's just say I release it under public domain.

Sorry for the delay, but I give permission to use the Nerdcore icon set. Let's just say I release it under public domain.

Xilon! Nice to see you over here. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0