Tack

Upgrade from Strong DC

5 posts in this topic

I installed 1.3.4 The install found some incomplete files from StrongDC and installed them in the incomplete folder. I thought that was really smart! It found some, but not all of the incomplete files. Unfortunately, the files do not appear in the download queue when I open ApexDC. Is there a way to get the rest of the incomplete files and install them (files, sources, start date...) in the in the incomplete folder so they are recognized and put in the download queue? I'd hate to loose them.

I can transfer the hub registration data, but is there a way to also transfer the list of favorite users?

I found and will try this.

Find the following files depending on what you want to save:

• queue.xml (downloads)
  • dcplusplus.xml (settings - not recommended, since conflicts can occur)
  • favourites.xml (favourite users)
  • hashdata.data and hashindex.xml (share hash data)
  • adlsearch.xml (adl search preferences)
  • profiles.xml (client detection rules)

Thanks in advance,

Tack

I installed 1.3.4 The install found some incomplete files from StrongDC and installed them in the incomplete folder. I thought that was really smart! It found some, but not all of the incomplete files. Unfortunately, the files do not appear in the download queue when I open ApexDC. Is there a way to get the rest of the incomplete files and install them (files, sources, start date...) in the in the incomplete folder so they are recognized and put in the download queue? I'd hate to loose them.

I can transfer the hub registration data, but is there a way to also transfer the list of favorite users?

I found and will try this.

http://forums.apexdc...http://forums.apexdc.net/topic/134-switching-from-dc-to-apexdc/

Find the following files depending on what you want to save:

• queue.xml (downloads)
  • dcplusplus.xml (settings - not recommended, since conflicts can occur)
  • favourites.xml (favourite users)
  • hashdata.data and hashindex.xml (share hash data)
  • adlsearch.xml (adl search preferences)
  • profiles.xml (client detection rules)

Thanks in advance,

Tack

That did not work. The files were in the settings folder, and Apex does not appear to have one. Part of the problem is I'm trying to upgrade from StrongDC ver 2.3 to Apex 1.34. Perhaps I have to upgrade to Apex 1.23 and then upgrade step at a time.

The old Apex files post a warning and wont install. A little help from the authors would be great!

Is there a file list that points Apex at the appropriate files?

You'll need to place all of those in the User/AppData hidden folder if you installed dcppboot.xml with the setup file.

You'll need to place all of those in the User/AppData hidden folder if you installed dcppboot.xml with the setup file.

Thank you for your answer.

How would I tell if I installed dcppboot.xml with the setup file? I scanned the system and found old dcppboot.xml files, but did not find one created today? Does that mean dcppboot was not created from this install? If it was not created, what should I do?

If it was, and I couldn't find it, where would I find the User/AppData hidden folder?

Thank you for your answer.

How would I tell if I installed dcppboot.xml with the setup file? I scanned the system and found old dcppboot.xml files, but did not find one created today? Does that mean dcppboot was not created from this install? If it was not created, what should I do?

If it was, and I couldn't find it, where would I find the User/AppData hidden folder?

I renamed the old dcppboot.xml file and restarted Apex. I opened the download que pane, right clicked on the file list, and selected move/rename. I then showed Apex where the incomplete files were (in the apexdc++(1.34)/incomplete folder