Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
air

[1.3.3] UI Balloons

6 posts in this topic

Hi there again.

I have an old display with max resolution of 1024x768 and i am experiencing some interesting behavior for ballon tooltips (see screenshot). I have had this behavior since 1.3.0 and maybe earlier (i hadn't tried yet to investigate it though) and this day i became curious of whether it is the normal behavior.

The system is w7 7600 x64.

By the way, i suppose it may be caused by these system messages:

[21:46:28] DHT disabled: Обычно разрешается только одно использование адреса сокета (протокол/сетевой адрес/порт).

[21:47:28] DHT enabled again

I googled up the 1st message and found out that it has to be the russian "human" version of winsock error 10048 WSAEADDRINUSE. Why does this happening and what should i do to avoid it (exept disabling DHT)? By the way, why can't Apex (or any dcpp-like client) have it's own easier to understand (and, if possibble, fix) way of displaying probable socket error messages?

post-21545-039602000 1277142391_thumb.pn

I am getting these messages as well, and I have asked in the DHT thread more times, noone has been able to provide the answer WHY I was getting them. I have disabled DHT for the time being, it was never of use to me anyway (just to the other people downloading from me, meh)...

SO_REUSEADDR is set for DHT socket, so if you still get this error it's probably caused by another socket which is bound to same port.

Mmmmaybe it is so because apex tries to -errrrm- reuse a socket that somehow has not been closed properly in the previous DHT session (or something like this is happening)?

How can someone check out his sockets, ports and apps that operate 'em in w7?

BTW i have Kaspersky Internet Security which is known to act as a firewall. What if it causes the problem?

I really can't think of any other soft that can use the port.

I should try switching KIS off and setting some other ports to apex. I'll post back.

UPD: None worked for me.

As I said, SO_REUSEADDR is set for DHT socket so there shouldn't be any problem with reusing port which hasn't been closed properly before. It must be some problem with your configuration. What ports do you have set in your settings?

Before my last post DHT was allocated to port 4999, and then i set it to 24999 just to check out if my firewall is the culprit. Alas, i was still having those messages in statis log while KIS was completely shut down. Other ports were TCP/UDP/TLS 5001/5002/5004 and 25001/25002/25004 before and after connection resetup respectively.

The other networking programs in simultaneous use are: icq (5900), steam (4380, 27000-27050), some mmo (5000, 6000, 6900), opera (w/o bittorrent, dunno which ports it really uses), skype (dunno too). Internet connection is ADSL/bridge with ICS enabled to share it to the other pc, which was by the way unpowered for all day.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0