Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ulao

no taslk or feature for bitrate, confused?

4 posts in this topic

Just find it confusing that I dont see any topics about bitrate. At least nothing clear in the title.. I know ApexDC is not strictly a mp3 file sharing system but I was shock to find there is no obvious way to search or refine search by bit rate. Is this a dificult task or just something that has by and large been gone. Or is it there right under my nose?

It isn't possible because protocol doesn't provide getting additional info about the files except TTH, filename and filesize, so the client must download at least the header of file to find the bitrate. You can only guess the bitrate from the filesize.

ADC has GFI (Get File Info) I believe, how useful that command is I have no idea though.

ADC has GFI (Get File Info) I believe, how useful that command is I have no idea though.

GFI requests RES command. Documentation for RES says

Clients must provide filename, session hash, size and token, but are encouraged to supply additional fields if available. Passive results should be limited to 5 and active to 10.
So it can be implemented but as it will be non-standard different clients can implement this feature differently or not implement at all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0