Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Indain

Memory

13 posts in this topic

I went from around 35mb to 40 peak memory usage to 47.05 MiB (47.45 MiB) with this latest update......May be something to take a look at.

thanks

I went from around 35mb to 40 peak memory usage to 47.05 MiB (47.45 MiB) with this latest update......May be something to take a look at.

thanks

Not really that helpful...

Not really that helpful...

-=[ ApexDC++ 1.3.2 Compiled on: 2010-05-25 ]=-

-=[ Uptime: 5 hours 11 min 37 sec ][ Cpu time: 0:02:06 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 32.01 MiB (44.83 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 40.56 MiB (47.20 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 73.28 KiB ][ Uploaded: 450.13 MiB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 191.14 GiB ][ Total upload: 441.05 GiB ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 1 day 18 hours 48 min ]=-

-=[ ApexDC++ 1.3.3 Compiled on: 2010-06-14 ]=-

-=[ Uptime: 11 hours 15 min 23 sec ][ Cpu time: 0:02:42 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 49.80 MiB (49.92 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 45.39 MiB (45.58 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 176.08 KiB ][ Uploaded: 477.16 MiB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 193.58 GiB ][ Total upload: 447.09 GiB ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 11 hours 17 min 31 sec ]=-

Crise I know there is a bit more usage as far as up an downloads go, but it still eats a bit more than 1.3.2 and the previous build.

What's wrong with this memory usage? It is very small when you have it below 50 MB. Today's application reaches memory usage of hundreds of megabytes ;)

Personally I would have to agree with BM here, I feel that memory usage is extremely low.

Ok , if that is extremely low for this weeks average...lol....then I can live with it..The reason I brought it up is that on a average the users on our hub using apex had been getting memory usage in the mid 30 range.

this is not a sharp spike, just thought it was worth bringing up, sure not a slight on the client at all, I can understand as the client gets more beef to it, the more it's going to take to run the thing, but it's still the best client as far as I am concerned....However feedback about changes are a good thing, it's how we tune up, there's no such thing as almost in tune.

Ok , if that is extremely low for this weeks average...lol....then I can live with it..The reason I brought it up is that on a average the users on our hub using apex had been getting memory usage in the mid 30 range.

this is not a sharp spike, just thought it was worth bringing up, sure not a slight on the client at all, I can understand as the client gets more beef to it, the more it's going to take to run the thing, but it's still the best client as far as I am concerned....However feedback about changes are a good thing, it's how we tune up, there's no such thing as almost in tune.

In that case, are all the other apex users sharing the same amount, downloading uploading the same, all on same version?

There are so many variables that can affect this its hard to isolate.

I could get those figures and I am pretty sure your going to get the same reply , this is not just me , we have all talked about the increase, it ain't no big thing, it just is.....It has been my experience after 7 or 8 years of hosting a hub, that very few users even worry or look at client stats, unless something fails.

I could get those figures and I am pretty sure your going to get the same reply , this is not just me , we have all talked about the increase, it ain't no big thing, it just is.....It has been my experience after 7 or 8 years of hosting a hub, that very few users even worry or look at client stats, unless something fails.

Is your hub ADC or NMDC?

It's ADC Lee, Ynhub 1.036

its NMDC not ADC and its not a really secure hubsoftware to be hosting imho should consider to changing to something thats actively developed whatever thats strikes u as good cause Ynhub isn't actively developed anymore

its NMDC not ADC and its not a really secure hubsoftware to be hosting imho should consider to changing to something thats actively developed whatever thats strikes u as good cause Ynhub isn't actively developed anymore

I can dig that, ya got any suggestions?....something besides c++ based ?

C++ based? what's wrong with C++?

I mean if you were using ynhub then it can not be a matter of the source code because ynhub is not open source.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0