Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
horus22

Restore session after a crash

13 posts in this topic

I really miss this feature.

I've wasted a lot of time by sorting out the locations where to download some folders(they had the same name so I had to use different locations for each one) and at the last one ApexDC++ crashed.

Of course the ongoing filelist transfers were gone....and since most of the filelists haven't been downloaded before the crash.....my sorting was in vain...

And in Win7 it's a pain in the .... to change the download location, because ApexDc++ doesn't autoscroll anymore like it used to do on WinXP.

What do you think about implementing a restore session feature for the ongoing filelist transfers and for the searched windows?

I think it's much better to fix the cause of the crash and not its consequences.

All software crashes, some software have loss prevention mechanisms...

Lee, does your reply mean that I might have a chance with this request? ;)

Not really, because there is nothing lost when ApexDC crashes (well nothing that could be recovered with reasonable effort anyways) that at least I can think of right now.

When it crashes you lose the search windows, the hubs that you were connected to(I know that they appear in recent hubs list, but in this list there are older hubs too, and you might not get to connect to all of the hubs that you were connected before crashing) and most important, you lose all the the folders that you added to download queue for which the filelists haven't completed at that moment.

You also lose the completed filelists that were opened. This is also important.

IMHO this feature can be implemented with reasonable effort and with major benefits.

A few minutes ago, it froze again. I lost around 20 search/filelist windows.

I haven't killed it yet, is there anything that I could do in order not to lose those windows? Can I at least get the the searchstrings?

A few minutes ago, it froze again. I lost around 20 search/filelist windows.

I haven't killed it yet, is there anything that I could do in order not to lose those windows? Can I at least get the the searchstrings?

if it crashes that often i would rather look at a solution to the problem rather then requesting stuff seems your system might be a tad unstable in general

It doesn't crash...it freezes, and only ApexDC++ freezes.

Since I've installed Win7 everything seems rocksolid, no a single OS crash, hang, freeze, reset. And the PC is running 24/7 for a few months.

Shall I kill the frozen Apex, or someone could help me with recovering at least the search strings?

I have a 600MB dump file that I've created via Task Manager. Any chance with a debbuger or something?

I have VS2008 installed, I also know that you provide the .pdb file, but I have never done this before.

put DMP and PDB file into directory together with EXE file and open that DMP. It should open Visual Studio where you can inspect threads, their critical sections and locks to see what caused deadlock.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0