EvdM

Download only from single source

4 posts in this topic

Hi - I have the following issue with ApexDC++ (1.3.2).

If I select a directory for download from a specific users filelist. The files that are downloaded are usually selected from different users. While I appreciate the speed advantage, I do not want this to happen because it might compromise the integrity of the specific files which I need.

Is there any way to prevent Apex from doing this?

Thanks a lot, this is a great project!

Hi - I have the following issue with ApexDC++ (1.3.2).

If I select a directory for download from a specific users filelist. The files that are downloaded are usually selected from different users. While I appreciate the speed advantage, I do not want this to happen because it might compromise the integrity of the specific files which I need.

Is there any way to prevent Apex from doing this?

Thanks a lot, this is a great project!

The integrity won't be compromised since TTH is there... and as far as we know collisions really do not happen with it.

To answer you question however the number of simultaneous segments is configurable from settings... under Downloads and Queue.

Yes, but... maybe there should be an option to start the download from this particular user only - useful when checking user's upload speed - when I don't want the file(s) anyway, just start to download them and then cancel the transfer.

Yes, but... maybe there should be an option to start the download from this particular user only - useful when checking user's upload speed - when I don't want the file(s) anyway, just start to download them and then cancel the transfer.

When I have this same situation happen, I first disable this feature : "Automatically search for alternative TTH source every .. minutes", and then I select all unwanted download sources from the downloads part at the bottom of the screen, rightclick and choose "remove user from queue". Works fine for me.

Goodluck ;)