Lee

We are now hiring

19 posts in this topic

Due to the recent OpenCandy integration and our Google AdSense partnership, we are now in a position to offer paid work. We want to provide ApexDC++ 2.0 across multiple platforms and have a brand new website to show for it.

We have created a jobs page with a summary of roles that are needed - all of which are paid. This ranges from programmers to help port to Linux/Mac, website design work, graphics for the program and website. The priority here is the Linux port, but we're also wanting graphics for 2.0.

Check out the available jobs and see if you can help us. What could be better than having simultaneous releases across Windows, Linux and Mac? Know a Linux/Mac developer? Let us know on the forums or through our email. If you're a programmer and want to negotiate a price, please email us aswell.

Wow this is great news, you guys have obviously moved on leaps and bounds since i was last around. I read the post on OpenCandy sounds like a good idea especially if it has allowed you to to make offer like this. I will have to install things and start been active again. I know its been a few years but i'm sure ill be able to offer something. Good to see you all doing so well. Congrats :D

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/ccduo/apexdc_are_offering_offering_paid_work_for_any/

Due to the recent OpenCandy integration and our Google AdSense partnership, we are now in a position to offer paid work. We want to provide ApexDC++ 2.0 across multiple platforms and have a brand new website to show for it.

We have created a jobs page with a summary of roles that are needed - all of which are paid. This ranges from programmers to help port to Linux/Mac, website design work, graphics for the program and website. The priority here is the Linux port, which we will pay a substantial amount of money to anybody who successfully gets our core compiling.

Check out the available jobs and see if you can help us. What could be better than having simultaneous releases across Windows, Linux and Mac? Know a Linux/Mac developer? Let us know on the forums or through our email. If you're a programmer and want to negotiate a price, please email us aswell.

Please digg this or reddit to spread the word.

Posted on my site, by rss feeds I like to keep up with you guys progress good work.

Substantial/Negotiable... hmm? Is there a range in mind?

Also, MinGW is primarily for compiling Linux apps in Windows, is that what you had in mind? Are you trying to drop VS?

Also, MinGW is primarily for compiling Linux apps in Windows, is that what you had in mind? Are you trying to drop VS?

To be able to compile on linux we need the core to compile with GCC, and thus MinGW, after the core compiles under MinGW for windows it is easier to fix any remaining win32 vs linux issues.

As for dropping VS yes we are trying to do that... but that is just a small part of what we are trying to do, ideally the ends result of all of this will be side by side releases for windows and linux.

Edit: regarding ranges... use common sense, what we make off our ads and the OpenCandy will fund this. Anybody can donate and help us out, This is also why there are no timelines listed for any of the projects on the jobs page.

Substantial/Negotiable... hmm? Is there a range in mind?

I've spoke to Nas, probably best we discuss this on IM or PM when you're next on.

Due to the recent ...

Could you merge with linuxdc?! Please! They work with DC core. And they work and think as your team!

https://launchpad.net/linuxdcpp

Also there is a FreeDC http://code.google.com/p/freedcpp/ linuxdc based.

Could you merge with linuxdc?! Please! They work with DC core. And they work and think as your team!

https://launchpad.net/linuxdcpp

Also there is a FreeDC http://code.google.com/p/freedcpp/ linuxdc based.

Since I'm doing this from a mobile phone I'll keep it short.

Merging with another project is a major decision to make and it isn't an easy one either. Also linuxdcpp as a project has different goals from us and also seniority... so it really is not in our place to go suggesting such thing.

Like most of the devs on dc say these days whats necessary is not another client its a hubsoft with gui so put the cash to use instead and get ppl to do a hubsoft thats atleast what ive would have done instead of yet another ****ing mod that market is bloated as it is and with crise and my proposal on a plugin system for dcpp that makes the "job" rather useless since dc is dying and what it really needs in order to get it back on track is a stable adc soft with gui (even though im not a gui guy) cause nmdc doesnt cut it in the long run since almost none beside PPK will work on it

http://dcpp.wordpress.com/

doesnt hurt to read once in a while and be more attuned to the actual needs of DC lets hope this clear message got thru atleast

Since I'm doing this from a mobile phone I'll keep it short.

Merging with another project is a major decision to make and it isn't an easy one either. Also linuxdcpp as a project has different goals from us and also seniority... so it really is not in our place to go suggesting such thing.

so you will develop a weel again? Then we will develop a bike. :(

It's a very big job!!! To much time. New expereance, new bugs and new logic...

Like most of the devs on dc say these days whats necessary is not another client its a hubsoft with gui so put the cash to use instead and get ppl to do a hubsoft thats atleast what ive would have done instead of yet another fucking mod that market is bloated as it is and with crise and my proposal on a plugin system for dcpp that makes the "job" rather useless since dc is dying and what it really needs in order to get it back on track is a stable adc soft with gui (even though im not a gui guy) cause nmdc doesnt cut it in the long run since almost none beside PPK will work on it

http://dcpp.wordpress.com/

doesnt hurt to read once in a while and be more attuned to the actual needs of DC lets hope this clear message got thru atleast

Toast, while I agree with you regarding the hubsoft situation in ADC I do not appreciate you belittling all derivatives like that while putting so much faith on a patch that originates from one such derivative.

Also if you have been able to read into this topic you'd see that it is not our intention to create "another fucking mod", to put it in your words, but to work on an existing one.

The jobs are also not useless nor are the things we are trying to accomplish with them, which would hopefully have become clear to you had you actually been able to read this topic with some thought instead of just making assumptions.

so you will develop a weel again? Then we will develop a bike. :(

It's a very big job!!! To much time. New expereance, new bugs and new logic...

We are not reinventing the wheel here, we are simply trying to create one that more people can use. Instead of having different wheels for people on different platforms we want to have a single wheel that is exactly same (ie. side by side releases from the same codebase) on many platforms.

Which we believe to be a worthwhile goal.

The market was pretty saturated when we originally launched PWDC++ - look where we are now. We're beating DC++ and StrongDC++ on downloads right now. Anything is possible. You guys invented ADC, why don't you invest and finish it off? You seem too busy telling us how badly we're managing our own project.

While the plugin system is an excellent idea and you might get mod authors submitting plugins, they aren't going to ditch their project to come develop for a DC++ plugin. :(

We aren't basing on "another mod" for this, it's coming straight from us.

when u get to the top 10 dls on sf then talk until then crawl back to your cave and remain there lee <snipped: cleaned> simple as that if u wanna cross over to linux make your original source portable instead of making yet another client that who knows gonna be maintained how well

crise u said it before take the dcpp lib and start working sure time is minimal but let the users wait instead of making yet another mistake by letting a non developer like lee call the shots u know the problems on dc since your apart of dcdev.

we discussed it time and time over and at one point u sounded kinda serious about it its just having the preasure of nagging ppl that makes it impossible but putting aside those i think its possible and i know u would get support if u did it that i can promise but i cant say more about it then that atm but if u did decide to walk this path u might end up doing something really historical but the ball is in your corner.

and lee dont comment i dont wanna hear it anyways when u start focusing on what we are doing perhaps then ill listen until then save it.

Edited by Lee
Cleaned

I've cleaned some stuff. Everybody needs to keep their comments clean, otherwise they take it to PM.

I never made this decision by myself. Crise has called the shots on this, I've only provided the revenue stream. This is not another mod, we're making it compilable across all platforms. Read what Crise has said above.

My point about investing into the hubsoft development is completely valid, thanks for ignoring it. However, I have never come to your project and told you what to do.

If you don't want "to hear it", logout and return to dcdev.

I never made this decision by myself. Crise has called the shots on this, I've only provided the revenue stream. This is not another mod, we're making it compilable across all platforms. Read what Crise has said above.

hope this applies to future versions of apex also so u dont stress him and he ends up making a boutched rls cause its important that apex being the mod of a mod is up2date with the important changes and fixes thats usually the discussion on msn between me and crise so dont take me for a apex hater its just that i dont like ppl rushing for no other reason then getting more users.

rather see the product with all the important fixes from dc++ since more and more are discovered that relates to every client <<snipped>>. so we can agree to disagree often lee but u need to push past that and see the message im relaying.

As much as I enjoy following this discussion, I have moved some of the off-topic posts to Lounge, please feel free to continue whatever it was that you were doing over there thank you :whistling:

<br>hope this applies to future versions of apex also so u dont stress him<br>
We will continue to provide security updates and force them like we currently do. Outsourcing our Linux port project to others will not stress Crise out.

Why not invest into ADCH++ GUI development so we can get people off NMDC?