Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alansainsbury

remote host problem

5 posts in this topic

need help as when conected to the hubs (my favourites)every now and then i get closed down with the message---(An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.), and i cant seem to find the problem , also ive just upgraded to <1.3.2> and when i conect to some hubs i get your nick is already taken please use another ???,its the same nick name ive always had ? any pointers would be great thanx.

[

To the nick problem: just choose another nick or get your nick registered on that hub so that it is protected by a password on the hub, so noone else can enter it with your nick.

To the connection problem: is this happening in Apex only, or in StrongDC++ or vanilla DC++ as well?

To the nick problem: just choose another nick or get your nick registered on that hub so that it is protected by a password on the hub, so noone else can enter it with your nick.

To the connection problem: is this happening in Apex only, or in StrongDC++ or vanilla DC++ as well?

as i said i had just upgraded to ApexDC++ 1.3.2 and that was when my problems started,ive downgraded to ApexDC++ 1.3.1 and all has been sorted,as for my nick it was registered and had password,now ive downgraded everything is fine,

it only happens in ApexDC++ (ive tried the rest ,strong,vanilla and AirDC++) but Apex is topdog :thumbsup:.

thanx anyways.

Well strictly speaking "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" would indicate that the problem is on hub side... since it's the hub dropping the connection, not Apex.

As for the nick taken issue... that might sometimes be caused by ghost users on a hub (there are number of reasons why such users may be left lingering on a hub for a while), but once again this is server side phenomenon.

While it is odd that such problems would be caused by a client upgrade... and I'll have a look into it, however, since both problems can also be "legit" network related issues rather than application problems it's not going to be easy with just this info.

This problem is usuallt caused by slow connections or long ping times.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0