Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thresholder

White Bands On Mouse Selection

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

Since upgrading to the new release I get these white bands that follow my mouse cursor or anything I select and make it impossible to read anything below.

Apexdc.png

Any way to remove them please?

I got no result tweaking the settings.

I am on Seven Ultimate x64

Thank you

It's new feature of Aero listviews. Aero is very primitive graphic theme and is not prepared for color change and doesn't allow color change of each item. So possible solutions are: a) use color theme which match Aero or B) disable Aero.

It's new feature of Aero listviews. Aero is very primitive graphic theme and is not prepared for color change and doesn't allow color change of each item. So possible solutions are: a) use color theme which match Aero or B) disable Aero.

Hi Big Muscle,

Thanks for the help.

I was on 7 with Aero before and I did not have this issues which appeared only with the recent update: how come?

Also can you please tell me how to match colour theme to Aero since I do not want to disable it?

Thank you.

Previous versions did not adapted to Aero look. Every application will adapt it soon or later.

To match your color scheme with Aero, just go to settings > color and change colors to something which will match.

Previous versions did not adapted to Aero look. Every application will adapt it soon or later.

To match your color scheme with Aero, just go to settings > color and change colors to something which will match.

Thank again.

The only scheme that works is total white which I cannot stand so I had to switch to another client.

I don't know if you are amongst the developers but maybe an option to disable the Aero adaptation would be good if feasible.

Many thanks

Switching to different client is not an option, because as I said every application will use it soon or later. Also, "white" is not the only option - there is a lot of other colors. I use light blue.

Switching to different client is not an option, because as I said every application will use it soon or later.

I wouldn't be so sure about this B)

Anyway, I use light blue as well and everything is fine. There are some themes available for download in some topic in this forum (including mine).

An idea has just come to my mind: how about offering ApexDC themes to download on the official page? Or maybe ship some with the installation package directly?

I wouldn't be so sure about this B)

Anyway, I use light blue as well and everything is fine. There are some themes available for download in some topic in this forum (including mine).

An idea has just come to my mind: how about offering ApexDC themes to download on the official page? Or maybe ship some with the installation package directly?

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Unfortunately I don't particularly like the light colours combinations.

There could maybe be an option to disable mouse "highlighting" which could maybe solve the problem or not have Aero compatibility at all.

I'll check for new updates to see if situation improves and will avoid to update the old client I am using which doesn't have the issue at present.

Many thanks.

The mouse highlighting is adopted from Aero, as noted in another thread, so it cannot be turned off without turning off Aero itself.

One option I would imagine could work with Aero is white on black (not that I am very fond of such color scheme myself) although there would still probably be some problem spots...

That problem don't have anything to do with aero. ApexDC is forcing explorer theme for treeviews and listviews on xp (yes system without aero, because it is really not aero related!) and higher. Fix is to remove SetWindowTheme for treeviews and listviews. This theming is available from XP -> 9 years and only few apps using that :P

That problem don't have anything to do with aero. ApexDC is forcing explorer theme for treeviews and listviews on xp (yes system without aero, because it is really not aero related!) and higher.

If you want to tell us something then firstly read what we are talking about. Nobody is talking about explorer theme as a whole piece. We are talking only about selected item areas which are NOT available on XP as you claim -

Fix is to remove SetWindowTheme for treeviews and listviews. This theming is available from XP -> 9 years and only few apps using that :P

How you can fix something which is not broken and works as intended? And few applications? Probably yes, if you are talking about applications which you use.

Nice, Big Muscle don't have idea what he coded and what his code doing :w00t:

Selecting items when user point on them is part of windows explorer theme.

This theme is forced in apex on windows xp and higher with this code:

if((WinUtil::getOsMajor() >= 5 && WinUtil::getOsMinor() >= 1) //WinXP & WinSvr2003

|| (WinUtil::getOsMajor() >= 6)) //Vista & Win7

SetWindowTheme(ctrlTree.m_hWnd, L"explorer", NULL);

Documentation for SetWindowTheme in msdn http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb759827(VS.85).aspx :P

Important part:

Causes a window to use a different set of visual style information than its class normally uses.

... theme as a whole piece. We are talking only about selected item areas which are NOT available on XP as you claim

Read again what I wrote.

---

SetWindowTheme is supported since XP, probably Explorer theme is (although it doesn't anything important), but listview/treeview selection is defined in AeroStyle.xml which is part of Windows SDK and is not support on XP. If you still say it's not supported then you could explain why it's not on my image. You copied here some StrongDC++ code but you probably don't know how it really works (but copying of unknown code is typical for you).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0