Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AmiloD

Supported version of Media Player Classic is not running.

9 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I am having problem with Media Player plugins (latest one for 1.3.x clients) on Apex 1.3.1 (64bit version) on Win7 64bit.

I have loaded the plugin fine, Media Player Classic Homecinema 1.3.1264 is running but Apex wont detect it.

Can anyone help? What version of MPC is working for you?

Download the newest Media Players plugin (the one I am using is version 2.00).

Download the newest Media Players plugin (the one I am using is version 2.00).

I am using that plugin already. What version is your MPC? 32bit or 64bit?

I am using the one that comes with latest build of CCCP codecs. And typing /mpc gives error message.

I don't use MPC, I use AIMP (and it works with /w)

Also, do you have the appropriate 64bit version of the plugin?

I don't use MPC, I use AIMP (and it works with /w)

Also, do you have the appropriate 64bit version of the plugin?

AIMP (or winamp) you dont need any other plugin because the /w command works directly.

So basically you're saying that you havent actually used the plugin. And yes i am using 64bit version.

I think the plugin is broken because it cannot detect neither MPC, nor MPC-HC or WMP12.

I think the plugin is broken because it cannot detect neither MPC, nor MPC-HC or WMP12.

Well WMP12 works here just fine... although only after restart (ie. not straight after adding the plugin) but that's not an issue enough to make me worry...

as for MPC and MPC-HC, the code used for it is rather old... much older than ApexDC itself, though I had a quick look and at glance I do not know why it fails the way it does then again I have never been an expert when it comes to COM.

After some more research about MPC failing, it seems the reason why it fails is because microsoft moved some stuff (I'll leave it at that to avoid going into too many details) around in Vista.

It is possible to fix it, I think... but I am not enough of a COM programmer to pull that off.

After some more research about MPC failing, it seems the reason why it fails is because microsoft moved some stuff (I'll leave it at that to avoid going into too many details) around in Vista.

It is possible to fix it, I think... but I am not enough of a COM programmer to pull that off.

I hope someone can fix it soon :)

I seriously miss that option.. Oh well, cant do much else than wait.

I hope someone can fix it soon :)

Well the most likely way to get it fixed is to get someone to fix the mpcinfo app/dll which most of the code for MPC media spam comes from (the app in question being over five years old).

You could always try to get the MPC-HC guys to fix it... at least they have the code for it (mpcinfo) in their svn.

The issue itself is caused on vista and newer versions of Windows because Microsoft (in their great wisdom) moved the proxy/stub pairs for some of the interfaces in quartz.dll to proppage.dll (now the problem there is that proppage.dll does not come with windows nor is it redistributable, it is part of the SDK for windows, ie. no normal user is going to have it registered in their system).

Edit: Well the best way to get this feature back is to ask MPC-HC devs to make a proper API for accessing info about currently running MPC-HC instance. MPC-HC has one kind of an API but afaik it can not be used on the currently running instance.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0