Networker

Can't share multiple drives over network?

5 posts in this topic

Hello, okey so my problem sounds like this...

When I start ApexDC and go to File/ Settings/ And then press "Sharing" I only see the hard drives that are on this Computer..

I´ve got another computer on the same network with alot of Hard drives and ApexDC cant find them EXCEPT! one of them? haha what is up with that....

I´ve been running other DC Tools to check if they only find this single disk but they find them all.

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on haha.

Thanx!

Humm I´ve already posed this so I cant change the Topic ^_^ it should be named something like "Can´t share hard drives on my Network" or something like that ^_^

Hello,

This is really strange, I can't reproduce fully the situation right now since my humble server has just one drive, and it is Linux, but I see all the shared directories on it (three).

Please provide more details about both computers, especially OS-es, firewalls, etc...

Also, what you see is not necessarily what you can share... :)

ie. even if you don't see the network location in the settings directory tree... it is likely that it is still shareable by adding the path to the xml file manually. (although if you after doing that access settings again you might overwrite manually added entries).

Still, he should be able to see in Apex settings all that he shares. So this should be fixed, if a bug. :)

Still, he should be able to see in Apex settings all that he shares. So this should be fixed, if a bug. :)

It's not like I am not aware of that... however, I haven't even spared a thought to the code that creates that control, but basically it's a whole lot of COM fun probably, and I dislike COM greatly... besides this is also in all likelihood, an issue in SDC so I can just sit back and wait... if BM happened to sort it.

Also one way around all of this is to use the old sharing UI I think (that option still exists right?).