Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dm1

Apex 1.3 filelist crashes on long file names!

8 posts in this topic

After adding the path shown below in ApexDC++ 1.3.0 share and then choosing "File -> Open own list", file list appears for a moment and then immidiately closes up. O_o

\Install\Games\Call of Duty 4\Mac\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfire\AspyrDocWrapper.app\Contents\Resources\CoD4_E_DR_1.7_Update.pkg\Contents\Plugins\LocateSoftware.bundle\Contents\Resources\English.lproj\

If I'll make this path on one directory shorter - everything becomes OK, I can now browse my file list.

\Install\Games\Call of Duty 4\Mac\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfire\AspyrDocWrapper.app\Contents\Resources\CoD4_E_DR_1.7_Update.pkg\Contents\Plugins\LocateSoftware.bundle\Contents\Resources\

All previous versions can handle first example without a problems. Fix this bug please, or probably add the attention message box when user tries to add too deep directory structure.

Sorry, but only a fool can his share in this way. This is totally illogical and such users should be banned for non-organised sharelist.

And also fools ask what has already been answered twice? three-times?

@Big Muscle. Are you an idiot? Whole file list is perfectly organized, and this example is only one path from it, which causing a problem. Have you ever used a Mac computer? Typical Mac users will download content of "\Install\Games\Call of Duty 4\Mac\". All that subdirectories is absolutely typical content of Mac OS X installers (which is not solid files, they are directories, hidden from users by the OS), they will never browse deep there.

And update: ApexDC++ 1.3.0 file list is crashing on other users with long pathes, not only mine.

Note: ApexDC++ is running on Windows XP, not Wine or something.

@Big Muscle. Are you an idiot? Whole file list is perfectly organized, and this example is only one path from it, which causing a problem. Have you ever used a Mac computer? Typical Mac users will download content of "\Install\Games\Call of Duty 4\Mac\". All that subdirectories is absolutely typical content of Mac OS X installers (which is not solid files, they are directories, hidden from users by the OS), they will never browse deep there.

And update: ApexDC++ 1.3.0 file list is crashing on other users with long pathes, not only mine.

Note: ApexDC++ is running on Windows XP, not Wine or something.

What Big Muscle was trying to say, although in the tiniest of fonts, is the third sentence in his post.

To put the same in other words would be:

It is an issue with Apex 1.3.0, it is known already, and it will be fixed in next release. Thanks for your report in any case.

However, you should not share installed programs (or raw dumps of some installation files), which seems to be the case in your example. Share a disk image or whatever instead.

Because quite frankly most OP's I know would kick you for sharing stuff like your example... most probably with reason "don't share installed files" (or something similar).

That being said ApexDC does in no way support illegal sharing of copyrighted content, like in your example, and thus can not be held responsible in any way... blah blah blah (you know how that continues ^_^).

Thanks ^_^ This reply I have expected from the beginning. Actually I am an OP on ISP hub already for ~5 years, and never saw any negative aspects of sharing unpacked images (that was not installed software above). Like I said before, no need to browse deep in this garbage, only download and launch. This is the first issue, and it just the result of usual bug in software developing process :)

That was just a 1.7 update for the game, nothing more, I think :)

After adding the path shown below in ApexDC++ 1.3.0 share and then choosing "File -> Open own list", file list appears for a moment and then immidiately closes up. O_o

If I'll make this path on one directory shorter - everything becomes OK, I can now browse my file list.

+1

I find ApexDC has trouble rehashing (at start up & refresh) what has previously been added.

Seams to be more an issue with path length, not depth as I have some long directory names without reaching 15 levels deep.

Sorry, but only a fool can his share in this way. This is totally illogical and such users should be banned for non-organised sharelist.

And also fools ask what has already been answered twice? three-times?

Yep, I can remember asking a similar thing in the past and believe I got a similarly useful answer.

The point is I would prefer not to have my filing system limited by ApexDC limitations.

None the less I do appreciate the comment which I interpret as

"As a programmer of much of the code, I can see much better ways to spend my time than on this feature"

Personally, I agree with BM, I couldn't live with such a disorganised share. But each to their own I guess.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0