Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peecee

www and dc

5 posts in this topic

I got small suggestion:

- is there any chance to make something like that - after some commands send to hub eg. +faq +regme etc.

dc client will open web borwser on some dedicated page with faq or rules.

Everybody knows how big problem for some users is setting to active mode - especially if they got router...

opening the proper +faq with pictures etc. will make it easy and popular - i think same with registration im polish and i know what polish users are doing u give them prefix - and they stick everything in front of the nick except that...

i think the biggest problem now is setting dc and features like that will make life much easier for all of us - i think

thnx

I got small suggestion:

- is there any chance to make something like that - after some commands send to hub eg. +faq +regme etc.

dc client will open web borwser on some dedicated page with faq or rules.

Everybody knows how big problem for some users is setting to active mode - especially if they got router...

opening the proper +faq with pictures etc. will make it easy and popular - i think same with registration im polish and i know what polish users are doing u give them prefix - and they stick everything in front of the nick except that...

i think the biggest problem now is setting dc and features like that will make life much easier for all of us - i think

thnx

i Dont think that would be to hard to do but its not me coding the client i all ready use that in hub scripts ...but by typing /help in main chat your clients have cmds there these would give use dc faq

eg: strongdc cvs132 has these>>>

HELP 								

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/dc++ 					(zobrazi verzi DC++ v mainchatu) 					

/strongdc++ 				(zobrazi verzi StrongDC++ v mainchatu) 				

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant see it being hard to add dc faq there as well but think /dc++ /strongdc++ covers that, as for the rules and reging etc thay can be added to the user command in the settings like this >> <%[mynick]> !kick %[nick] No Slots for Filelist Dispite DC++| there would be no point in adding them to a client as every hub as diffrent cmds and you would need to set your own up

most hubs have the RHC menu's anyway these days

SkyNet

i Dont think that would be to hard to do but its not me coding the client i all ready use that in hub scripts ...but by typing /help in main chat your clients have cmds there these would give use dc faq

eg: strongdc cvs132 has these>>>

HELP								 

/dc++ (zobrazi verzi DC++ v mainchatu)
/strongdc++ (zobrazi verzi StrongDC++ v mainchatu)

i cant see it being hard to add dc faq there as well but think /dc++ /strongdc++ covers that, as for the rules and reging etc thay can be added to the user command in the settings like this >> <%[mynick]> !kick %[nick] No Slots for Filelist Dispite DC++| there would be no point in adding them to a client as every hub as diffrent cmds and you would need to set your own up

most hubs have the RHC menu's anyway these days

SkyNet

You can't see it but there is a guides section under work on these forums :D

and help menu of ApexDC++ will have a shortcut to that forum. also maybe a chm file will be made available later.

so there will be plenty of material for new users :)

Ah, good. A CHM file to include some info for first time users would be useful. Especially considering that there seem to be requests within this forum for things that are already availble.

Well, a decent page for Bulgarians is available on http://vx8.hit.bg . Yep, it is for DC++ only, but multisource and Strong DC++ are barely mentioned, too.

I do not know whether it is quite suitable, it starts with "If you are a COMPLETE idiot, you have come to the right place". :)

But still, the things there are explained clearly and simply enough. :unsure:

Edited by Zlobomir

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0